RSS today described the statements of Congress leader Digvijay Singh concerning the 26/11 attacks as "silly" and accused him of adopting "double standards" when it came to the issue of agencies investigating terror cases in the country.
"We express our profound sympathies for him. His name will be registered in annals of history as the greatest supporter of jihadi forces in India in the 21st century. I have nothing more to say on his ludicrous statements," senior RSS leader Ram Madhav said here.
He was speaking in connection with Singh producing records of the conversation that Maharashtra ATS chief Hemant Karkare had with him on 26/11, a few hours before he was killed in the attacks.
Singh has said the officer was under threat from right-wing groups as he was probing their alleged links in the Malegaon blast case.
Slamming Singh for his "double standards", the RSS leader said that when the organisation raised certain questions on the method of investigations by ATS, the Congress leader objected to the criticism.
"Whereas, he thinks he has the divine right to go and attack Madhya Pradesh police and call them foot soldiers of the RSS... To go and attack Delhi Police in Batla House encounter and all those who are fighting Maoists. This is double standards," Madhav said.
Digvijay today said, "I saw no conspiracy in 26/11. Only Pakistani terrorists were involved in the act and there is no doubt in that." The other issue was that Karkare had arrested "RSS-affiliated people" in the Malegaon blast after which BJP and RSS leaders had brought allegations against him, he said.
He alleged that those arrested in the murder of RSS activist Sunil Joshi were only "foot soldiers of the RSS" who carried out the killing for which the orders came from "above." He said that since police in BJP-ruled Madhya Pradesh "cannot investigate" the case, it should be transferred to a central agency.
Digvijay is the Greatest Jihadi Supporter: RSS
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus: India's 75 Districts, Including All 7 In Delhi, Locked Down Till March 31
- Millions Of Indians Clap To Thank Those Fighting At Forefront Against Coronavirus
- Mridula S. Sree, The Rookie Nurse Who Treated A Wuhan-Returned Patient In An Isolation Ward
- Coronavirus Outbreak Live Updates: National Capital Locked Down As Positive Cases Soar To 341 In India
- Coronavirus: India's Partial Lockdown Reeks Of Class, Caste Bias Leaving Socially, Sexually Disadvantaged Groups Vulnerable
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Modi Thanks People For Expressing Gratitude Towards Those Fighting Covid-19
- Coronavirus: Railways Suspends All Passenger Trains From March 22-31
- Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Crosses 13,000 As 1 Billion Confined To Homes
- Coronavirus: Janata Curfew Underway; Streets Empty As People Stay Indoors
- Petrol Bomb Hurled Near Shaheen Bagh Anti-CAA Protest Site
- Italy's Coronavirus Death Toll Rises By 793 In Biggest Single-Day Jump
- 'Bad Stain For NZ Cricket': McCullum Describes His Fallout With Taylor
- Olympics: IOC Asks Member Countries About Coronavirus Impact