RSS today described the statements of Congress leader Digvijay Singh concerning the 26/11 attacks as "silly" and accused him of adopting "double standards" when it came to the issue of agencies investigating terror cases in the country.
"We express our profound sympathies for him. His name will be registered in annals of history as the greatest supporter of jihadi forces in India in the 21st century. I have nothing more to say on his ludicrous statements," senior RSS leader Ram Madhav said here.
He was speaking in connection with Singh producing records of the conversation that Maharashtra ATS chief Hemant Karkare had with him on 26/11, a few hours before he was killed in the attacks.
Singh has said the officer was under threat from right-wing groups as he was probing their alleged links in the Malegaon blast case.
Slamming Singh for his "double standards", the RSS leader said that when the organisation raised certain questions on the method of investigations by ATS, the Congress leader objected to the criticism.
"Whereas, he thinks he has the divine right to go and attack Madhya Pradesh police and call them foot soldiers of the RSS... To go and attack Delhi Police in Batla House encounter and all those who are fighting Maoists. This is double standards," Madhav said.
Digvijay today said, "I saw no conspiracy in 26/11. Only Pakistani terrorists were involved in the act and there is no doubt in that." The other issue was that Karkare had arrested "RSS-affiliated people" in the Malegaon blast after which BJP and RSS leaders had brought allegations against him, he said.
He alleged that those arrested in the murder of RSS activist Sunil Joshi were only "foot soldiers of the RSS" who carried out the killing for which the orders came from "above." He said that since police in BJP-ruled Madhya Pradesh "cannot investigate" the case, it should be transferred to a central agency.
Digvijay is the Greatest Jihadi Supporter: RSS
THE LATEST ISSUE
- In The TIME Of Bilkis Bano As Dadi Cool
- MI Vs SRH LIVE: Confident Start To Hyderabad's Chase; 34/0 (4)
- 'Be Back Soon,' 'Next Few Days Are Real Test': Trump
- UP CM Orders CBI Probe; Rahul, Priyanka Meet Hathras Victim's Family
- Bihar Assembly Elections 2020: BJP, JD(U) Reach Seat-Sharing Agreement
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- Rahul Gandhi’s Tractor Rally Against Farm Laws
- When The Impact Players Misfire
- Another Mahagathbandhan Ally Quits At Patna Press Conference
- Durga Puja During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Nirbhaya's Mother's Exclusive Take On Hathras Rape Case
- Mission Bengal: A Saffron Experiment
- French Open: Teen Swiatek Blows Away Halep To Reach Last Eight