Irked over Digvijay Singh's remark comparing her to Arvind Kejriwal, Bollywood item girl Rakhi Sawant has issued letters to Mumbai police Commissioner and Maharashtra Home Secretary asking them to book the Congress general secretary for "outraging" her modesty.
Claiming to be "deeply aggrieved" by Singh's comments, Sawant has said she has also asked her lawyer to issue a defamation notice to the Congress leader and seek Rs 50 crore in damages for attacking her "noble character".
In her letter to the police Commissioner Satyapal Singh, state Home Secretary and senior police inspector of suburban Goregaon police station, Sawant has said, "I do not know Digvijay personally. By passing such comment he (Digvijay) has lowered my image and reputation."
"I have already issued instruction to my lawyer Ejaz Naqvi to issue notice of defamation and damage of Rs 50 crore from Digvijay Singh. This is a gruesome attack on my noble character," the letter states.
Singh had in his tweet yesterday compared activist-turned-politician Kejriwal with Rakhi saying they both try and expose but without any substance.
"Arvind Kejriwal is like Rakhi Sawant. They both try and expose but with no substance," Singh tweeted
He, however, also sought apology from Sawant, saying "Apologies to Rakhi Sawant I am an old fan of hers !"
Kejriwal has in the last few weeks targeted Congress President Sonia Gandhi's son-in-law Robert Vadra for his land deals with DLF, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid for allegedly misusing funds allotted to his NGO, BJP chief Nitin Gadkari in the Maharashtra irrigation scam, besides corporate giants including Mukesh Ambani.
Sawant has requested the police Commissioner to order registration of a complaint for Singh's "lewd and derogatory" remark.
"Digvijay should be charged under the provisions of section 354 (outraging the modesty of a woman), 427 (mischief), 500 (defamation) and 511 (punishment for attempting to commit offences punishable with life or other imprisonment) of IPC and also under the Information Technology Act. The matter should be probed by CBI," the letter demands.
Digvijay Has Attacked My Noble Character: Rakhi Sawant
THE LATEST ISSUE
- BJP's Indispensable Man, A Raconteur And Mentor: Arun Jaitley Was All These And Much More
- 'Political Giant, Towering Intellectual, Legal Luminary': PM Modi's Tribute To Jaitley
- How Arun Jaitley Played A Key Role In Making Nitish Kumar The Bihar CM
- UAE's Highest Civilian Award For Modi, Egg On Pakistan's Face
- Spilling The Beans: How Murky Was Cafe Coffee Day Founder VG Siddartha's Death
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Naresh Goyal Created Tax Evading Schemes To Siphon Off Funds Abroad: ED
- PV Sindhu Progresses To Final At Badminton Worlds
- Rahul Gandhi-Led Opposition Team Not Allowed To Leave Srinagar Airport, Sent Back
- India Has Lost An Outstanding Parliamentarian: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh Condoles Arun Jaitley's Death
- Press Council Of India Moves SC To Back Communication Blackout In Jammu And Kashmir
- Highlights, Durand Cup Final: Joseph Brace Edges Gokulam Past Bagan
- Why Is Part Of The Amazon Burning?
- PM Modi Defends Article 370 Move In UAE, Says It Ends 'Isolation' Of J&K Which Was Radicalising Youths