BJP today made light of call records presented by Congress leader Digvijay Singh of his conversation with slain Mumbai ATS Chief Hemant Karkare, maintaining that his comments on 26/11 compromise India's fight against terror.
BJP chief spokesperson Ravi Shankar Prasad said Singh's alibi about his conversation with Karkare has been "clearly denied" by the slain officer's wife and in the Maharashtra Assembly by Home Minister R R Patil.
"If Digvijay Singh has a problem, he should serve a breach of privilege notice against Patil. But in all this, he is seeking to compromise the fight against terror by repeatedly raising question-marks about the 26/11 attacks and its ramifications," Prasad lamented.
The BJP leader said Singh's controversial statement were all the more a cause for concern as the Indian government has sent several dossiers to Pakistan and has launched an international campaign against the neighbouring country for not co-operating in the investigations on the Mumbai attack.
The principal opposition sought to know whether Singh's comments reflected the views of the Congress and the UPA government.
"Digvijay Singh is not on the list of (Congress) spokespersons or among those who can debate on behalf of the party. The Congress media cell should clarify if his comments are the official comments of the party and the government," Prasad said.
Singh presented call records of his conversation with Karkare before the 26/11 attacks in which the latter was killed.
When Singh claimed that Karkare had told him about receiving threats from Hindu terror groups, BJP had termed the charges baseless and asked him to produce evidence.
Karkare's wife Kavita had also publicly denied that her husband had received such threats and asked Singh not to play politics on the issue.
Digvijay Compromising Fight Against Terror: BJP
THE LATEST ISSUE
- In The TIME Of Bilkis Bano As Dadi Cool
- MI Vs SRH LIVE: Boult Gets Bairstow; Hyderabad 34/1 (4.1)
- 'Be Back Soon,' 'Next Few Days Are Real Test': Trump
- UP CM Orders CBI Probe; Rahul, Priyanka Meet Hathras Victim's Family
- Bihar Assembly Elections 2020: BJP, JD(U) Reach Seat-Sharing Agreement
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- Rahul Gandhi’s Tractor Rally Against Farm Laws
- When The Impact Players Misfire
- Another Mahagathbandhan Ally Quits At Patna Press Conference
- Durga Puja During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Nirbhaya's Mother's Exclusive Take On Hathras Rape Case
- Mission Bengal: A Saffron Experiment
- French Open: Teen Swiatek Blows Away Halep To Reach Last Eight