Noted actor Dharmendra was honoured with the "Phalke Ratna" award for his contribution to the film industry spanning five decades.
The award is constituted by the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy and is given away every year to mark the birth anniversary of Dadasaheb Phalke, father of Indian cinema, on April 30.
Speaking on the occasion, the 75 year old legend said the most important thing for all is to become good human beings. "If you are a good human being, respect would come automatically," he added.
Veteran actress Asha Parekh was felicitated with the Lifetime Achievement award.
The other award winners included Rani Mukherji for her performance in No one Killed Jessica, Priyanka Chopra for 7 Khoon Maaf, Ranvir Singh for Band Baja Baraat, Sonakshi Sinha for Dabangg.
Arbaaz Khan received the award for best producer for Dabangg.
Junior artistes, make up, stunt artistes were also felicitated on the occasion.
Dharmendra Honoured With 'Phalke Ratna' Award
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus: India's 75 Districts, Including All 7 In Delhi, Locked Down Till March 31
- Millions Of Indians Clap To Thank Those Fighting At Forefront Against Coronavirus
- Mridula S. Sree, The Rookie Nurse Who Treated A Wuhan-Returned Patient In An Isolation Ward
- Coronavirus Outbreak Live Updates: National Capital Locked Down As Positive Cases Soar To 341 In India
- Coronavirus: India's Partial Lockdown Reeks Of Class, Caste Bias Leaving Socially, Sexually Disadvantaged Groups Vulnerable
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Coronavirus: Worldwide Deaths Cross 13,000, Italy Worst Hit; India Swings Into Action
- Modi Thanks People For Expressing Gratitude Towards Those Fighting Covid-19
- Coronavirus: Railways Suspends All Passenger Trains From March 22-31
- Private Firm Employees To Get Salaries During Delhi Lockdown: Kejriwal
- Petrol Bomb Hurled Near Shaheen Bagh Anti-CAA Protest Site
- Italy's Coronavirus Death Toll Rises By 793 In Biggest Single-Day Jump
- Delhi Cricket Association Yet To Pay Salaries To Coaches, Support Staff
- Olympics-Bound Indian Athletes Say Thanks To COVID-19 Warriors: WATCH