Noted actor Dharmendra was honoured with the "Phalke Ratna" award for his contribution to the film industry spanning five decades.
The award is constituted by the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy and is given away every year to mark the birth anniversary of Dadasaheb Phalke, father of Indian cinema, on April 30.
Speaking on the occasion, the 75 year old legend said the most important thing for all is to become good human beings. "If you are a good human being, respect would come automatically," he added.
Veteran actress Asha Parekh was felicitated with the Lifetime Achievement award.
The other award winners included Rani Mukherji for her performance in No one Killed Jessica, Priyanka Chopra for 7 Khoon Maaf, Ranvir Singh for Band Baja Baraat, Sonakshi Sinha for Dabangg.
Arbaaz Khan received the award for best producer for Dabangg.
Junior artistes, make up, stunt artistes were also felicitated on the occasion.
Dharmendra Honoured With 'Phalke Ratna' Award
THE LATEST ISSUE
- BJP's Indispensable Man, A Raconteur And Mentor: Arun Jaitley Was All These And Much More
- 'Political Giant, Towering Intellectual, Legal Luminary': PM Modi's Tribute To Jaitley
- How Arun Jaitley Played A Key Role In Making Nitish Kumar The Bihar CM
- UAE's Highest Civilian Award For Modi, Egg On Pakistan's Face
- Spilling The Beans: How Murky Was Cafe Coffee Day Founder VG Siddartha's Death
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Naresh Goyal Created Tax Evading Schemes To Siphon Off Funds Abroad: ED
- PV Sindhu Progresses To Final At Badminton Worlds
- Rahul Gandhi-Led Opposition Team Not Allowed To Leave Srinagar Airport, Sent Back
- India Has Lost An Outstanding Parliamentarian: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh Condoles Arun Jaitley's Death
- Press Council Of India Moves SC To Back Communication Blackout In Jammu And Kashmir
- Live, Durand Cup Final: Marcus Joseph Brace Secures Trophy For GKFC
- Why Is Part Of The Amazon Burning?
- PM Modi Defends Article 370 Move In UAE, Says It Ends 'Isolation' Of J&K Which Was Radicalising Youths