The recovery of a large amount of illegal money from Pakistani singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan figured in the Lok Sabha today with a demand being made for stringent watch on foreign artistes who could be using such means to traffic cash out of the country.
Darshana Jardosh (BJP) raised the issue during Zero Hour and sought to know from the government as to why was Khan granted a visa when it was known that he had been illegally carrying cash out of India.
She also wanted the government to step up surveillance on activities of foreign artistes, who "gather a lot of cash" during their performances in India and take the money out of the country illegally.
Sadananda Gowda (BJP) demanded deferment of an ordinance banning use of plastic for packaging gutka. The ordinance, issued last month on Supreme Court directions, came into effect today.
Gowda said the ban has had an adverse impact on the arecanut growers in Karnataka who had suffered losses after the ban on use of plastics for packaging gutka was announced.
He also sought relief for arecanut growers whose crop was damaged due to yellow disease to the arecanut plantations.
Sis Ram Ola and S S Ramasubbu (both Cong) wanted the government to step up efforts to evacuate Indian nationals stranded in strife-torn Libya.
Ramsubbu wanted the government to announce some relief to a person hailing from his constituency Tirunelveli who died in Libya.
Bishnupada Ray (BJP) demanded that the government stop "step-motherly" treatment to the Andaman and Nicobar islands in the paddy procurement process.
He said the government was not acquiring paddy grown locally and was supplying rice from Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh to the archipelago which was costly.
Datta Meghe (Cong) wanted the government to award compensation to farmers in Vidarbha region of Maharashtra whose crop was destroyed in the recent cold wave that had gripped the region.
Hamadullah Sayeed, Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury, Narayan Singh Amlabe, Kamal Kishor, Dharam Singh (all Cong), P Kumar (AIADMK), Pashupatinath Singh, Devji Mansingram Patel (both BJP), Premdas Katharia, Ram Kishun (both SP), and Jagdish Sharma (JD-U) also raised various issues.
Detention of Pak Singer Rahat Figures in Lok Sabha
THE LATEST ISSUE
- ‘Need To Look At Every Aspect That Caused Defeat’: Sonia Gandhi To Congress On Poll Results
- ‘His Dream Has Come True,’ Says Himanta Biswa Sarma’s Wife
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid-19?
- 34 AMU Professors Succumb To Covid-19 In Last 18 Days
- Game Over, Or Halftime? Mamata Faces Full-Blown Tussle With BJP
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- Natasha Narwal Granted Interim Bail After Father Dies Of Covid-19
- M.K. Stalin: The Prince Who Finally Became King
- Dramatic Draw Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- BCCI Will Be Ultra-cautious For T20 World Cup: Jimmy Neesham