The condition of Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, undergoing treatment at a hospital here for serious liver ailment, is "stable", a top hospital executive said today.
"Yes, he is stable," K Ravindranath, Chairman and Managing Director of
Global Hospitals told reporters in a brief comment on the condition of
67-year-old Deshmukh who was admitted to the hospital on Monday.
Asked whether Deshmukh would be required to undergo a liver transplant,
he said "First he has to improve, then we will think about it."
This is the first time that the hospital authorities had made any public
statement on the condition of the former Maharashtra Chief minister and
senior Congress leader.
Hospital authorities have all along remained tight-lipped maintaining
that Deshmukh's family had requested them to respect their privacy and
that they would inform the public about his condition through social
Hospital sources had earlier in the day said the condition of Deshmukh,
the Science and Technology Minister, was "still critical" while his
family members were quoted as saying that he had shown improvement since
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan accompanied by Deputy Chief
Minister Ajit Pawar and several other ministers visited the hospital
and enquired about Deshmukh's condition with his family members.
Chavan declined to talk to the waiting mediapersons, but minister
Pandurang Kadam and Congress MP Vilas Muttemwar said the family members
informed them that Deshmukh was improving.
"What we know is that he is improving and his condition is better than
what it was when he was in Breach Candy Hospital in Mumbai (from where
he was flown in an air ambulance here)," Muttemwar said.
Kadam, quoting family members of Deshmukh, said the former Maharashtra chief minister was improving.
A team doctors of several specialities, including noted liver transplant
surgeon Dr Mohamed Rela, are treating Deshmukh, who is on life-support
Meanwhile, Deshmukh's family members offered prayers at the famous 11th
century Sri Marundheeswarar (Lord Shiva) temple here last night for his
speedy recovery, temple sources said.
Deshmukh's Condition Stable, Says Hospital Executive
PTI File Photo/ Mitesh Bhuvad
THE LATEST ISSUE
- India Records 4,205 Covid Deaths In A Single Day
- Bharat Biotech Says Can’t Give Additional Covaxin Doses to Delhi: Manish Sisodia
- The Sisters We Forgot: Nurses Risk Their Lives To Save Ours
- Pinarayi's Pragmatic, Non-dogmatic Ways Got The Swing Votes In Kerala
- Some Oxygen For Siddique Kappan, Please?
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- RSS Diary: In Sangh, Inner Cohesiveness Erases Dissent, If Any
- Woman Receives Remains Of Husband Buried In Saudi After 3 Months
- What Is 'Black Fungus'?
- Indian Woman Killed In Air Strikes In Israel
- Nurses: Covid Warriors And Real Bravehearts
- India In ‘Dire Straits’ Because It Opened Up Prematurely: Dr Anthony Fauci
- Nadal Unsure Of Playing In Tokyo Olympics
- Man City Win Premier League