Petroleum Minister Murli Deora today said he would broach the subject fuel pricing with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh later today when he meets him to discuss the health of oil companies.
"Of course, prices will be discussed... If you review the financial health of oil companies, this (pricing) is a subject that will come up for discussion," he told reporters here.
A source had yesterday said that "Petroleum Ministry is likely to propose deregulation of petrol prices and gradual phasing out of subsidies on diesel to ease burden on public sector oil marketing companies" - indicating a possible hike of Rs 3 per litre in petrol rates.
The government has not allowed Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan Petroleum to raise rates of petrol, diesel, domestic LPG and kerosene despite the cost of raw material (crude oil) jumping to USD 82 per barrel.
The three firms are projected to lose Rs 44,300 crore in revenues on fuel sale this fiscal.
The three firms sell petrol at a loss of Rs 3.06 a litre, diesel at Rs 1.56 per litre, kerosene at a loss of Rs 17.23 per litre and LPG at a discount of Rs 299.01 a cylinder.
Deora to Discuss Fuel Pricing with PM
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Here’s How To Bring Back The News
- RR Vs DC: Good Start From Rajasthan; Need 152 In 90
- Hateras And Us: Dalit Death Symptom Of Graver Malaise
- Lalu Yadav Will Not Be Able To Campaign In Bihar Polls Despite Getting Bail
- Bhima Koregaon Case: NIA Files Charge-Sheet Against Eight People
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- ‘Journalism In Ladakh Is Growing’, Says New Head Of Ladakh's Press Club
- If Fraud Established, I&B Ministry Can Cancel Licence: Manish Tewari
- Staff Crunch Halts Airing Of Modi's Mann Ki Baat In 10 Countries
- Rajasthan: 50-Year-Old Priest Set Ablaze After Dispute With Land Mafias
- India Test-Fires Its First Anti-Radiation Missile 'Rudram-1'
- IPL 2020: Sehwag's 'Government Job' Comment Sums Up CSK's Worries
- The Inspiring Tale Of Baba, Dhaba And Social Media
- ISL: East Bengal Appoint Liverpool Legend Robbie Fowler As Head Coach