With rewards galore for the World Cup winning Indian cricket team, the MCD has also proposed to waive property tax of players from the city for lifetime.
Mayor Prithvi Raj Sawheney has proposed that the four Delhi players - Virender Sehwag, Virat Kohli, Gautam Gambhir and Ashish Nehra - who have their properties in Delhi, will no longer be required to pay property tax to the civic body.
According to the corporation, under Section 177 of the Delhi Municipal Act, the MCD can take such a decision.
"Considering all these players have properties in Delhi, we have decided that property tax of all the four Delhi players will be waived for lifetime. A proposal in this regard will be brought in the MCD Standing Committee soon," the Mayor said.
"It will take at least 10 days to draft the proposal and it is expected to be implemented from this year," Yogender Chandolia, chairman of the Standing Committee, said.
Delhi: MCD May Waive Property Tax of Delhi Cricketers
THE LATEST ISSUE
- White House Says Trump Will Discuss Kashmir, Human Rights With PM Modi At G-7 Summit
- India's Fresh Challenge On Kashmir: Engage With Donald Trump But Without Opening Another Front
- Rahane Comes To IND's Rescue After Top Order Collapse Vs WI
- Who Next? The Big Fear Troubling Congress After Chidambaram’s Arrest
- Why Srinagar's High Profile Gupkar Road Is No More A Passage In Paradise
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Roti Served With Salt As Mid-Day Meal For Primary School Students In UP
- Kashmir Is Bilateral Issue, No Third-Party Should 'Incite' Violence In Region: French President Macron
- ISRO Releases First Image Of Moon Captured By Chandrayaan-2
- INX Media: The Case That Led To Chidambaram's Downfall
- WADA Suspends India's National Dope Testing Laboratory
- Will Swap 100 Acres Of Land For Ravidas Temple Construction: Kejriwal After Protesters Swarm Delhi
- Badminton Worlds: Sindhu, Praneeth Enter Quarters; Srikanth, Prannoy Out
- Ashes, 3rd Test, Day 1: AUS All Out For 179 Vs ENG