A day after breaking down in Rajya Sabha, Samajwadi Party MP Jaya Bachchan today met Delhi Police Chief and demanded stern action against those involved in the rape and brutal assault of a 23-year-old girl.
She said Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar has assured her that this case will be dealt with all its seriousness.
"The government should give all support to police. The victim should get the best treatment. I will ask Parliament whether I can donate money from MPLAD for the girl's treatment," an emotional Bachchan told reporters here.
Delhi Gang-Rape: Jaya Bachchan Meets Delhi Police Chief
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus: With Almost 1,000 Deaths, Italy Records Most Fatalities In A Day; Global Toll Crosses 25,000
- Hit By Coronavirus Lockdown, 90-Year-old Kajodi Trudges Home, 400 Km Away
- How State Governments Are Managing The Coronavirus Pandemic Amid 21-day Lockdown
- Indian Shot Putter Navin Chikara Fails Dope Test, Gets Four-Year Ban
- Why IND's Hockey Coach Reid Thinks COVID-19 A Blessing In Disguise
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Amid Lockdown, Many Countries Face Challenges To Repatriate Citizens
- UK PM Boris Johnson, Health Secretary Test Positive For Coronavirus
- 'Clear We Have Entered Recession': IMF Chief Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
- Stuck in Bangladesh, Kashmiri Students Seek Evacuation Amid Covid-19 Fears
- Hundreds Of Pets Abandoned After WHO Hoardings Trigger Panic
- Coronavirus: Stop Mass Exodus Of Labourers, MHA Asks States
- All Domestic Flights Suspended Till April 14, Says DGCA
- Tendulkar Donates 50 Lakh To Fight COVID-19