The row over Army Chief General V K Singh's date of birth is not affecting the working relationship between the armed forces and the Defence Ministry in anyway, Navy Chief Admiral Nirmal Verma said today.
"No, why should.. I mean why do you have these doubts," Admiral Verma -- the senior most serving officer among the three services -- told reporters on the sidelines of an NCC event here.
The Navy Chief, who is also the Chairman, Chiefs of Staffs Committee (COSC), said this when asked if the controversy over Gen Singh's age issue was affecting working relationship of the armed forces and the Defence Ministry.
Asked whether Gen Singh had discussed the issue with him, Verma refused to comment saying, "Army Chief himself has made a statement to say that its a personal matter which he is pursuing as he deems fits."
The Army Chief has two sets of date of birth in official records. While the Adjutant General's branch records it to be May 10, 1951, the Military Secretary branch has May 10, 1950 in its data.
On December 30, the Defence Ministry had turned down Gen Singh's plea to change his date of birth to May 10, 1951 which would have given him an extra ten months in office.
The Defence Ministry had dismissed the Army Chief's plea twice on basis of three opinions given by the Attorney General.
Def Min-Armed Forces Ties Unaffected by Age Row: Navy
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hateras And Us: Dalit Death Symptom Of Graver Malaise
- Lalu Yadav Will Not Be Able To Campaign In Bihar Polls Despite Getting Bail
- SRH Vs KXIP: Rashid Khan Reflects On Damage Scoreboard Pressure Can Do
- If There’s Evidence Of TRP Manipulations, I&B Ministry Can Cancel Channel's Licence: Manish Tewari
- Staff Crunch Halts Airing Of Modi's Mann Ki Baat In 10 Countries
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- RBI Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged At 4%, Says Governor Shaktikanta Das
- Rs 10 Crore Fine Ready, Sasikala May Walk Out Of Jail Any Time Now: Lawyer
- Piyush Goyal Gets Additional Charge After Paswan's Death
- French Open: Teen Sensation Swiatek Storms Into Maiden Grand Slam Final
- How Ram Vilas Paswan's Death May Impact Bihar Assembly Elections
- 'BJP To Rule For 30-Years, If People Hang Vivekananda's Picture:' Biplab
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation
- Cricket Australia Should Not Bow Down To BCCI: Allan Border Slams CA