The row over Army Chief General V K Singh's date of birth is not affecting the working relationship between the armed forces and the Defence Ministry in anyway, Navy Chief Admiral Nirmal Verma said today.
"No, why should.. I mean why do you have these doubts," Admiral Verma -- the senior most serving officer among the three services -- told reporters on the sidelines of an NCC event here.
The Navy Chief, who is also the Chairman, Chiefs of Staffs Committee (COSC), said this when asked if the controversy over Gen Singh's age issue was affecting working relationship of the armed forces and the Defence Ministry.
Asked whether Gen Singh had discussed the issue with him, Verma refused to comment saying, "Army Chief himself has made a statement to say that its a personal matter which he is pursuing as he deems fits."
The Army Chief has two sets of date of birth in official records. While the Adjutant General's branch records it to be May 10, 1951, the Military Secretary branch has May 10, 1950 in its data.
On December 30, the Defence Ministry had turned down Gen Singh's plea to change his date of birth to May 10, 1951 which would have given him an extra ten months in office.
The Defence Ministry had dismissed the Army Chief's plea twice on basis of three opinions given by the Attorney General.
Def Min-Armed Forces Ties Unaffected by Age Row: Navy
THE LATEST ISSUE
- What Is N440K Covid Variant? Is It More Virulent? Know What CCMB Says
- What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection In Covid Patients; Check Dos And Don’ts Here
- 'Little Room For Judicial Interference': Centre To Supreme Court On Vaccine Policy
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Will You Need An E-Pass For Travelling From Noida To Delhi? Know Here
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Lockdowns And Curfews: List Of States, UTs Clamping Down Against Covid-19
- Himanta Biswa Sarma To Take Oath As Assam Chief Minister Today
- Mamata Banerjee Retains Ministerial Core As 43 Take Oath Today
- Dramatic Equaliser Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly