Efforts to broker peace between Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind's warring factions of Arshad Madani and Mahmood Madani have suffered a setback, with both leaders dismissing media reports in this regard.
Speculations were rife that the Arshad Madani camp is weighing its options for calling a truce with Mahmood Madani faction, ahead of a crucial meeting of 'Majlis-e-Shura' (governing council) to be held on February 23 to seal the "fate" of Maulana Ghulam Mohammad Vastanvi, Vice-Chancellor of Darul Uloom Deoband.
It was reported in some sections of the media that Pakistan's Jamiat-ul-Islam chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman tried to broker peace between the Madani duo over a luncheon meeting in Delhi.
"You see all these are 'baseless' rumours. I do not understand why such kind of a false propaganda is being propagated. I was in Deoband when the 'so called' meeting took place on Tuesday," Arshad Madani told PTI in Delhi.
Arshad Madani, a prominent Jamiat leader, however, did not dismiss altogether the "prospects" of joining hands with Mahmood Madani in future.
"If East and West Germany can unite then why not us? However, as of now I do not see any prospects of coming together. I do not deny the possibilities either," he said.
Meanwhile, Mahmood Madani too denied reports of attending any meeting with Maulana Fazlur Rehman on the issue.
"There is no truth in the media reports. Though no efforts were made in this regard, hopes for the same will always be there," Mahmood Madani said.
An official with Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind told PTI that efforts had also been made in the past to bring the Madanis on the same plank.
There is no truth in the reports that Arshad and Mahmood Madani are coming together, at least not for now, the official said.
The Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind, formally launched in 1919, has been a divided house since 2008 over the battle of supremacy between Arshad and Mahmood Madani.
Darul: Madani Duo Denies Reports of Truce
THE LATEST ISSUE
- India Sees Slight Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 New Cases And 3,754 Deaths
- 34 Aligarh Muslim University Professors Succumb To Covid-19 In Last 18 Days
- 'Little Room For Judicial Interference': Centre To Supreme Court On Vaccine Policy
- Himanta Biswa Sarma To Take Over As Assam Chief Minister Today
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Will You Need An E-Pass For Travelling From Noida To Delhi? Know Here
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- Mamata Banerjee Retains Ministerial Core As 43 Take Oath Today
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Dramatic Equaliser Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly