With peace returning to Darjeeling, tourists are flocking to the hilly town, Gorkha Territorial Administration's CEO Bimal Gurung today said.
"The situation in Darjeeling is peaceful now. Tourists are coming. We want them to come," Gurung told reporters here at the airport after his arrival in the city.
Gurung's party Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) had won the elections to the newly-constituted body.
Darjeeling Peaceful, Tourists are Back: Gurung
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Rohtang Tunnel Leaves Filth In Its Wake
- MI Vs KKR: Morgan, Cummins Seek Strong Finish; Kolkata 127/5 (19)
- A Day After Gupkar Meet, Jammu Rallies For Statehood
- EXCLUSIVE | Like TRPs, Is Indian Readership Survey Compromised Too?
- Vice President Lauds Outlook Poshan Campaign
- Why Jofra Archer, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje Making IPL A Connoisseur’s Delight
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Farm Bills A False Experiment In The Name Of Agricultural Freedom
- Kohli Looks To Get Tactics Right
- How Will Liverpool React In Derby?
- Siliguri Teacher Arrested For Molesting Student 23 Years Ago
- NEET Result 2020 Declared
- Shatrughan Sinha Hopes To Avenge ‘Injustice’ In LS Polls Through His Son
- Himachal’s Hathras: 3 Years On, Victim’s Parents Still Seek Justice
- Delhi Court Gives Varying Jail Terms To 13 ISIS Operatives