Supporting Anna Hazare's anti-graft movement, Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama today said corruption is also a form of violence.
"Yes.... Corruption is a very very serious problem.... It is also a form of violence where people try to realise their wrong dreams," the Dalai Lama said at a function marking the 76th founders day of the Doon School here.
He was asked by a student whether he supported Hazare's movement against corruption.
The Nobel laureate also said that "some countries like China don't care about corruption and moral values".
He also asked people to follow Gandhian principles of non-violence and honesty in order to make India more vibrant and rich.
Dalai Lama Supports Anna's Movement
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Exit Polls Indicate Modi's Narrative Strikes A Chord With Indian Voters
- Exit Poll Results: Narendra Modi Projected To Return As PM; NDA Headed For Landslide Victory
- Exit Polls Predict Doom For Mahagathbandhan In Bihar
- BJP Has A Lot To Cheer As Exit Polls Predict Big Blow To Naveen Patnaik's BJD In Odisha
- Exit Polls Predict No Seat For PDP In Jammu & Kashmir
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- Exit Polls Give BJP Clear Lead In Karnataka
- Oppn Parties Write To EC On PM Modi's Kedarnath Visit, Say Violation Of Poll Code
- 'Kamal Dabao Nahin Toh Thok Doonga': TMC Alleges Central Forces Of Intimidating Voters
- 'Serene And Spiritual', PM Modi Prays At Badrinath Temple, Meditates
- Spot-Fixing Scandal 2010: Afridi Claims He Confronted Three Tainted Pak Cricketers
- Farhan Akhtar Urges Bhopal To Vote Against Pragya Thakur, Gets His Dates Wrong
- Tej Pratap Yadav's Security Guards Beat Cameraperson, He Says 'Incident A Conspiracy To Murder Him'
- Yuvraj Singh: Is India's World Cup Hero And Celebrated All-Rounder Retiring?