Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who shared screen space with Pran in films like Zanjeer, Don and Amar Akbar Anthony, has congratulated the veteran actor for getting the Dada Saheb Phalke award.
Pran, 93, was selected for the 2012 Dada Saheb Phalke award yesterday.
Bachchan took to social networking site Facebook to congratulate his former colleague and friend.
"Pran saheb wins the prestigious Dada Saheb Phalke Award... Much deserved... A true gentleman and a great friend... Wishing him continuous good health and many congratulations," Bachchan wrote on Facebook.
"Pran saheb and I worked on many films together... A fine colleague to have on set, disciplined and punctual and most professional," Bachchan added.
The award, named after the father of Indian cinema Dada Saheb Phalke, will be conferred on Pran on May 3.
Pran, who was in hospital recently due to ill health, retired from acting after an illustrious six-decade-long career that saw him performing in over 400 films.
Dadasaheb Phalke for Pran Much Deserved: Amitabh
THE LATEST ISSUE
- India Sees Slight Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 New Cases And 3,754 Deaths
- 34 Aligarh Muslim University Professors Succumb To Covid-19 In Last 18 Days
- 'Little Room For Judicial Interference': Centre To Supreme Court On Vaccine Policy
- Himanta Biswa Sarma To Take Oath As Assam CM Today, Here Are The Other Probable Ministers
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Will You Need An E-Pass For Travelling From Noida To Delhi? Know Here
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- UP: Seven Held For Stealing Clothes Off Bodies And Selling Them
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Dramatic Equaliser Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly