Curfew continued in troubled areas of the city on the third consecutive day today even as all schools and colleges remained closed in the region.
There will be no relaxation in the curfew, District Magistrate Abhishek Prakash said.
All schools and colleges will remained closed, while government offices will function normally, he said.
Shoot-at-sight orders for those violating curfew are in place, he said.
Meanwhile, an impersonator moving in a vehicle with blue beacon was arrested by police here.
On Saturday last trouble broke out in Baradari area when two groups clashed after a Janmashtami procession deviated from its fixed route and was stopped by some persons in Jagatpur Panwaria locality leading to heavy brick batting and firing in which three persons, including a mother-son duo were injured.
In Kalibari area also, people went on rampage when route of another procession was changed and clashed with police.
While police resorted to lathicharge and fired tear gas shells, the mob indulged into brick batting and firing in which around 15 people, including three policemen were injured.
In the wake of clashes, curfew was clamped in Baradari, Prem Nagar, Qila and Kotwali areas of the city and all schools and colleges were closed till further orders.
Senior Superintendent of Police Satyendraveer Singh has suspended two sub-inspectors Asharam and Babu Ram have been suspended and inspector Baradari has been removed.
This is the second time when curfew has been clamped in the city.
Earlier curfew was clamped on July 22 following clashes between two groups which claimed four lives and was lifted completely on August 7.
Curfew Continues in Bareilly for Third Consecutive Day
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Can A Person Get Re-Infected After Recovering From Covid?
- What Makes Some Vaccinated People More Susceptible To Covid-19 Than Others? Experts Answer
- Maharashtra Extends Covid Restrictions Till June 1; Check Guidelines
- Covaxin Receives Nod For Trials On Children Between 2-18 Age Group
- BJP's Political Messaging To No Avail: No Fresh Vegetables For Ladakh-Kargil For 4 Months
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Western Media Coverage Of Covid Crisis Raises Hackles Of Modi Govt
- PM Modi Missing Along With Vaccines, Oxygen, Medicines: Rahul Gandhi
- Covid: Planning To Buy Oximeter? Here’s What You Need To Know
- Govt Panel Suggests Increasing Gap Between Two Doses Of Covishield
- Independent Music Doing Well As Labels Are Promoting It: Sonu Nigam
- Know Why Using Right Glassware Is Important While Mixing Your Drink
- India Very Good At 'Niggling': Paine
- Atleti Edge Closer To La Liga Title