An exit poll has projected that Samajwadi Party will get a convincing majority in Uttar Pradesh by bagging 232 to 250 seats in the 403-member Assembly.
On the eve of the counting of votes, the poll, conducted by CNN-IBN-The Week-CSDS, projects that the ruling Bahujan Samaj Party would get only 65 to 70 seats, way below its tally of 206 in the 2007 Assembly elections.
According to the poll, the Congress may end up in the third place with projected 36-44 seats, up from 22 last time, while BJP may bag only 28-38 seats, far behind its tally of 51 seats in 2007 elections.
The poll suggests only 11-23 seats for others.
In terms of vote share, the poll claimed that SP would get 34 per cent, the BSP 24 per cent, followed by the BJP with 14 per cent and Congress at the fourth place with just 12 per cent.
The poll survey also suggests that the Samajwadi Party has done well in all the regions of Uttar Pradesh.
CSDS Survey Predicts Landslide 232-250 Seats for SP
AP File Photo
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Finance Minister Announces Slew Of Measures To Boost Economy Amid Slowdown
- WATCH: Decoding What Nirmala Sitharaman's Announcements To Boost Economy Mean
- Death By Debt: Indian Businesses Are Devastated, Tax Terror Adds To Woes
- PV Sindhu Not Smart, Says Kim Ji Hyun, Korean Coach Behind Badminton Star's Course Correction
- Should We Encourage Kuccha Receipts? Institutional Cleansing Part Of Improving Business Environment
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Home, Vehicle, Other Retail Loans To Become Cheaper: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- SC To Hear Chidambaram's Appeal Against Arrest On Monday
- New India Will Not Allow Loot Of Money: PM Modi To Indian Diaspora In France
- Karnataka: Political Slugfest Erupts Between Congress, JD(S) As Siddaramaiah, Deve Gowda Trade Barbs
- Sindhu Assured Of Fifth Medal At Badminton Worlds
- Ashes Live, 3rd Test, Day 2: Australia Lead By 197 Runs Vs England
- FATF Asia-Pacific Group Puts Pakistan In 'Enhanced Blacklist'
- Roti Served With Salt As Mid-Day Meal For Primary School Students In UP