An exit poll has projected that Samajwadi Party will get a convincing majority in Uttar Pradesh by bagging 232 to 250 seats in the 403-member Assembly.
On the eve of the counting of votes, the poll, conducted by CNN-IBN-The Week-CSDS, projects that the ruling Bahujan Samaj Party would get only 65 to 70 seats, way below its tally of 206 in the 2007 Assembly elections.
According to the poll, the Congress may end up in the third place with projected 36-44 seats, up from 22 last time, while BJP may bag only 28-38 seats, far behind its tally of 51 seats in 2007 elections.
The poll suggests only 11-23 seats for others.
In terms of vote share, the poll claimed that SP would get 34 per cent, the BSP 24 per cent, followed by the BJP with 14 per cent and Congress at the fourth place with just 12 per cent.
The poll survey also suggests that the Samajwadi Party has done well in all the regions of Uttar Pradesh.
CSDS Survey Predicts Landslide 232-250 Seats for SP
AP File Photo
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- H.D. Deve Gowda: Not Tired, Not Retired
- EC Orders Eros Now To Stop Streaming Web Series On PM Narendra Modi
- 'Bigger Force Wants To Deactivate CJI Office': Justice Gogoi On Sexual Harassment Charges
- IPL 2019, DC Vs KXIP: Skipper Iyer Anchors Delhi's Successful Chase Against Punjab
- Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur’s Candidature An Affront To The Hindus
- Chennai’s Famous Historian S. Muthiah Is No More
- 'Let's Ask The Congress Spokesperson...Wait, Where's The Congress Spokesperson? We Just Lost The Link'
- Why NaMo TV Should Not Be Banned
- The Politics Of Degrees: Is It Important That Leaders Be Well Educated?
- Ole Navigates Tricky Territory As Manchester United's Season Hits Crunch-Time
- Free Trips And The Art Of Looting Public Money By Indian Sports Administrators
- PM Modi Riding On TINA Factor, Groundswell In His Favour, Says Jaitley In New Blog
- '2014 Fight Was Tougher, No Modi Wave This Time', Says Shashi Tharoor
- Blog | Chennai’s Famous Historian S. Muthiah Is No More
- EC Issues Notice To Sadhvi Pragya On Her Remarks Against Hemant Karkare
- EC Officer, In-Charge Of EVMs And VVPATs, Goes Missing In West Bengal
- SpiceJet Recruits 500 Jet Airways Employees
- Formed Alliance With BJP Because We Want PM Who Can Attack Pak: Uddhav Thackeray
- Missing Poll Officer's Wife Says Husband Was Not Depressed