Reacting to Mamata Banerjee's statement that her party would file a defamation suit against him for saying that black money has been used to fund her election expenses, CPI(M) leader Goutam Deb today said he has accepted the challenge and would prove the charges.
"Let her (Mamata Banerjee) go to court or the Income Tax department, we have enough documents to prove the charges," Deb said.
Deb today clarified that only two leaders of the party Mamata Banerjee and Mukul Roy were involved in such acts.
"Only these two leaders are involved with this operation. No senior party leader knows it, neither Partha Chatterjee nor Subrata Mukherjee."
Demanding arrest of Mukul Roy and Mamata Banerjee, Deb said, "the Trinamool Congress distributed Rs 15 lakh each to the 226 party candidates. The party should explain and provide with all documents the source of this fund. Both these leaders should be arrested."
He said the CPI(M) would take up the matter with the Election Commission and demanded that the main opposition party explain how it got Rs 33.90 crore to fund election expenses for its candidates.
CPI(M) Leader Welcomes Mamata's Defamation Suit
THE LATEST ISSUE
- ‘Need To Look At Every Aspect That Caused Defeat’: Sonia Gandhi To Congress On Poll Results
- ‘His Dream Has Come True,’ Says Himanta Biswa Sarma’s Wife
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid-19?
- In A First, An Independent Candidate In Tamil Nadu Releases Election Expenses
- Game Over, Or Halftime? Mamata Faces Full-Blown Tussle With BJP
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- India Sees Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 Cases, 3,754 Deaths
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- 34 AMU Professors Succumb To Covid In Last 18 Days
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- M.K. Stalin: The Prince Who Finally Became King
- Football Legend Franco No More
- Shafali Verma Set To Play In The Hundred, May Feature In WBBL Also