The First Class Magistrate of Pandharkawda court in Yavatmal district today issued a bailable warrant of Rs 15,000 against noted cine actress Mallika Sherawat in connection with her obscene dance performances and directed her to appear before it on April 16.
According to the complainant Rajanikant Borele, he has filed a criminal complaint against Sherawat for her obscene acts. CDs and video photos, which contain her obscene performances, were admitted by the court. The court had issued summons against her in April last year and directed the Varsova (Mumbai) police station officer to serve the summons on her.
Her lawyer moved an application to grant time for her appearance. The court has, on two previous occasions, allowed her plea and directed her to appear in person today, the last date of hearing of the case. However, the actress did not pay any attention to the court's summons and failed to appear in person today. The complainant has brought this to the notice of the court and pleaded for issuing a warrant against her.
Subsequently, the JMFC of Pandharkawda Sunil Boralkar has passed the order of bailable warrant of Rs 15,000 against Mallika.
The complainant Rajanikant, who has obtained the warrant from the court, is now set to go to Varsova police station with the warrant to be served on the actress. Advocate K G Mutyalwar has appeared for the complainant in the case.
It may be recalled that earlier in November last year, Mallika was scheduled to visit Nagpur to attend a public entertainment programme. But she deferred the visit at the last minute in anticipation of being served with the court summons through Nagpur police during her stay in the city.
Court Issues Bailable Warrant Against Mallika Sherawat
THE LATEST ISSUE
- ‘Need To Look At Every Aspect That Caused Defeat’: Sonia Gandhi To Congress On Poll Results
- ‘His Dream Has Come True,’ Says Himanta Biswa Sarma’s Wife
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid-19?
- In A First, An Independent Candidate In Tamil Nadu Releases Election Expenses
- Game Over, Or Halftime? Mamata Faces Full-Blown Tussle With BJP
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- India Sees Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 Cases, 3,754 Deaths
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- 34 AMU Professors Succumb To Covid In Last 18 Days
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- M.K. Stalin: The Prince Who Finally Became King
- Dramatic Draw Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- BCCI Will Be Ultra-cautious For T20 World Cup: Jimmy Neesham