A local court here has directed police to lodge an FIR against actor Rakhi Sawant, Rahul Mahajan and six others for allegedly threatening a man here, who had claimed to have written the script of TV serial Rakhi Ka Swayamvar.
The petitioner Gaurav Tiwari claimed that the script of the serial was originally written by him but the production house used it without his consent which was a violation of Copyright Act. Tiwari said he has lodged an FIR in this regard.
Tiwari has now alleged in the court that he was repeatedly getting threat calls from the actors asking him to withdraw the charges.
Tiwari approached the court of additional civil judge (senior division) Jaipur with his complaint on March 30 and the magistrate directed the SHO Shyam Nagar on April 2 to lodge the FIR against eight persons namely Rakhi Sawant, Rahul Mahajan, Fajila Allana, Sameer Nair, Chetanya Deewan, Hemawat Choudhary, Karan Singh, Jitendra Singh Rathore under various sections of IPC including Section 386 (Extortion by putting a person in fear of death or grievous hurt), 506 (Punishment for criminal intimidation), 120 B (Punishment of criminal conspiracy).
Meanwhile Sub-Inspector Hari Singh, Shyam Nagar police station, said that the court orders have been received at the police station and the FIR will be lodged.
Rakhi Ka Swayamvar, a marriage-based TV reality show, saw a month-long drama where the actor had to choose her groom from a number of participants on TV.
Court Asks Police to File FIR on Rakhi Sawant, Others
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus: Cases In India Rise To 468; 19 States, UTs Under Lockdown
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan Sworn In As Madhya Pradesh CM
- All Domestic Flights Suspended From Wed To Contain Coronavirus Spread
- Loyalty Test: Time For Indian Businesses To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus
- Curfew Passes To Be Necessary For Travel Between Delhi, Neighbouring Areas
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Sensex Plummets 3,900 Pts, Ends Below 26,000; Nifty Inches Towards 7,500
- Vaccine Trials To Fight Coronavirus Offer Hope, Could Be Harbinger Of New Technology
- Coronavirus: Curfew Imposed In Maharashtra From Midnight, Says Uddhav
- Coronavirus: Punjab Imposes Curfew To Enforce Total Lockdown
- AIIMS To Shut Down OPD From March 24 As Coronavirus Cases Surge
- ICMR Recommends Hydroxychloroquine For Healthcare Workers Tackling Covid-19 Patients
- Olympics: IOC Needs Update On Indian Athletes This Week – IOA Chief
- Health Insurance Policies For Cricketers, Officials Cover COVID-19 Too: CAB