A local court here has directed police to lodge an FIR against actor Rakhi Sawant, Rahul Mahajan and six others for allegedly threatening a man here, who had claimed to have written the script of TV serial Rakhi Ka Swayamvar.
The petitioner Gaurav Tiwari claimed that the script of the serial was originally written by him but the production house used it without his consent which was a violation of Copyright Act. Tiwari said he has lodged an FIR in this regard.
Tiwari has now alleged in the court that he was repeatedly getting threat calls from the actors asking him to withdraw the charges.
Tiwari approached the court of additional civil judge (senior division) Jaipur with his complaint on March 30 and the magistrate directed the SHO Shyam Nagar on April 2 to lodge the FIR against eight persons namely Rakhi Sawant, Rahul Mahajan, Fajila Allana, Sameer Nair, Chetanya Deewan, Hemawat Choudhary, Karan Singh, Jitendra Singh Rathore under various sections of IPC including Section 386 (Extortion by putting a person in fear of death or grievous hurt), 506 (Punishment for criminal intimidation), 120 B (Punishment of criminal conspiracy).
Meanwhile Sub-Inspector Hari Singh, Shyam Nagar police station, said that the court orders have been received at the police station and the FIR will be lodged.
Rakhi Ka Swayamvar, a marriage-based TV reality show, saw a month-long drama where the actor had to choose her groom from a number of participants on TV.
Court Asks Police to File FIR on Rakhi Sawant, Others
THE LATEST ISSUE
- CJI To Consider Chidambaram's Case For Urgent Listing; ED Issues Lookout Notice
- US President Donald Trump Offers To Mediate Kashmir Issue Again, Says It's 'Complicated Place'
- 3 Killed As Helicopter For Flood Relief Crashes In Rain-Hit Uttarkashi
- 'Disgraceful Misuse Of Power': Rahul Gandhi Flays BJP Govt Over Action Against Chidambaram
- India’s Largest Biscuit Manufacturer Parle Says It Could Slash 10,000 Jobs: Report
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- The Little Sleep I Get Is Filled With Nightmares About Home: Kashmiri Living In Delhi On J&K
- CBI Books NDTV Founder Prannoy Roy, Others In FDI Violation Case Against Company
- Chidambaram 'Hunted Down' For Speaking Truth Inconvenient To Cowards: Priyanka Gandhi
- LeT Militant, Police Officer Killed In Encounter In Jammu And Kashmir's Baramulla
- Preview: WI Vs IND, 1st Test
- Public Transport Resumes In Parts Of Kashmir, Students Still Stay Away From Schools
- Former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Babulal Gaur Passes Away At 89
- MNS Activist Sets Himself Ablaze After ED Issues Notice To Party Chief Raj Thackeray
- Preview: Ashes, 3rd Test, ENG Vs AUS