Two days after naxal leader Kobad Ghandy was absolved of the terror charges under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act for want of proper sanction, the police has made a fresh plea to a Delhi court with a renewed sanction of his prosecution under the anti-terror law.
The Special Cell of Delhi Police approached the court of Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav with a fresh sanction along with a charge sheet to prosecute him under UAP Act.
The charge sheet will come up for consideration tomorrow.
The move comes in the wake of March 28 order of Additional Sessions Judge Pawan Jain absolving Ghandy of terror charges for the want of proper sanction, despite noting that a case was made out against him under the anti-terror law as he was "not a mere sympathiser" of the banned outfit CPI (Maoist), but an active member.
Ghandy was charged only for allegedly committing cheating forgery and impersonation.
The court had held the sanction order was granted only on the basis of draft charge-sheet and the allegations made in the FIR and other material and evidence placed on record.
It had said the sanction had no reference of any authority appointed by the Central government.
The Police had earlier on March 26 filed a supplementary charge sheet with a fresh sanction against Ghandy under section 45 of the UAP Act but ASJ Jain held that the defect in the earlier sanction cannot be cured.
The charge sheet also has annexed with it a March 23, 2012 order of the additional secretary (home) against Ghandy and his co-accused Arvind Joshi.
Cops File New Petition for Ghandy's Prosecution
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- GST Exemption On Vaccine, Covid Drugs Will Make Them Costlier: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly