Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik today advised Rahat Fateh Ali Khan to fully cooperate with Indian investigators probing the alleged possession of undeclared foreign currency by the singer.
Malik conveyed this message to Khan through Pakistan's High Commissioner to India Shahid Malik, said a statement issued by the Interior Ministry.
Malik telephoned his Indian counterpart P Chidambaram and discussed the detention of Khan.
The Interior Minister thanked Chidambaram for the release of Khan, the statement said.
Khan was released yesterday after being detained with members of his entourage for over 20 hours for carrying 1.24 lakh dollars that he had not declared to authorities at New Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport.
The singer's passport was retained by Indian authorities and he was asked to appear before the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence on February 17 for questioning.
Cooperate Fully With Indian Investigators: Pak to Rahat
Rezaul H Laskar/Islamabad
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Bombay High Court Grants Bail to Actor Rhea Chakraborty
- With EPS As CM Candidate, AIADMK Looks For Continuity
- KKR Vs CSK: Focus On Captains As Kolkata Face Chennai
- Aatma Nirbhar Bharat: A Salad Bowl Of Many Healthy Ideas, Some Of Them Incompatible
- Prashant Kishor’s Team Starts Feeling The Heat Of Infighting In TMC
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Press Association, IWPC Condemn Arrest of Kerala Journalist; Demands Immediate Release
- Pro Pros And Cons: Publicists Face The Music As Drugs Scandal Hits Bollywood
- Media Trial Of Rhea Chakraborty Shows No Respect For Ethics And Propriety
- J&K: Militants Open Fire At BJP Leader, PSO Killed
- H-1B Visas Should Be Reserved Only For 'Specialised Talent': White House
- Public Places Cannot Be Occupied 'Indefinitely': SC On Shaheen Bagh
- Nadal Battles Past Teenage Sinner
- Steve Smith Fined Rs 12 Lakh