Taking on Anna Hazare for his threat to campaign against Congress in poll-bound Uttar Pradesh, a party MP from the state has accused him of colluding with BJP and others as part of "politically- motivated planned conspiracy" and hinted at "foreign" hand.
In a letter to Hazare, Bareilly MP Praveen Singh Aron said had he "genuinely" wanted the Lokpal Bill to be passed, he should have declared to campaign against BJP, SP and BSP in Uttar Pradesh, who are opposing the legislation on "frivolous grounds".
He said people like him felt betrayed by Hazare and are rather "disgusted" by the fact that he and his allies and the "so-called Lokpal Bill movement by IAC have become victims of a deep-rooted conspiracy of your political and perhaps the foreign handlers".
Aron accused Hazare of trying to destabilize the democratically-elected central Government "that too at a time when our country is facing several formidable social, economical, political and even strategic challenges.
"These are the critical times when we are facing aggressive posturing and threats from China which has almost become a super power."
He said the continuous "canard-spreading" and "false propaganda" against Congress even after its “serious efforts” makes it clear that the anti-corruption movement has drifted into being a "politically-motivated planned conspiracy" against Congress and to promote otherwise bleak political fortunes of the BJP.
He asked Hazare not to posture like ‘my way or highway’ response and asked him to move forward with rest of the civil society and to contribute his bit towards the goal of nation building.
"I along with hundreds of fellow MPs, hundreds of members of Civil Society and common citizens, are of the view that it is highly unreasonable and partisan on your (and other IAC members) part to continue protesting and threatening a democratically-elected Government to accept your diktats in total knowing very well that it will not be constitutionally appropriate, prudent, practicable and possible to do so," the Congress MP said.
Aron, who first presented the copy of Jan Lokpal Bill to the Parliamentary Committee looking into the issue, contended that the Lokpal Bill tabled in Parliament yesterday has all provisions of Jan Lokpal Bill as presented by IAC.
He accused Team Anna of not raising their voice against "rampant corruption" of BJP and other non-Congress ruled governments and suggested that Hazare was towing the line of BJP and its allies in dividing the society on communal lines.
"Even after Lokpal Bill’s presentation in the Lok Sabha your announcement and plan to campaign in all these states as well as in the next Lok Sabha elections exposes your collusion with the BJP and other- opponents of the Indian National Congress," he said in the letter to Hazare.
Aron accused Team Anna of shifting "goal posts every time" government concedes most of their demands.
"You may also be aware even if this Lokpal Bill becomes a law, there are all possibilities of such law being set aside and declared ulter-vires the provisions of the Indian Constitution by a competent court of law," he said.
Conspiracy, Foreign Hand in Anna Campaign: Cong MP
THE LATEST ISSUE
- 2 CRPF Personnel Killed, 3 Injured In Terrorist Attack In South Kashmir’s Pampore
- CBI Carries Out Searches At Congress Leader DK Shivakumar's Premises
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- RCB Vs DC: Battle Of Equals In Dubai
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- IAF Well Positioned To Deal With Any Threat: Air Chief RKS Bhadauria
- Dum Maaro Dum: Tackling The Drug Menace In Bollywood
- BJP Leader Shot Dead In West Bengal
- Pandey's Stunning Take Is A Thing Of Beauty
- Noida Police Apologises For Manhandling Priyanka, Orders Probe
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Hathras Case: Protests Staged At Times Square
- EPL Champions Liverpool Concede Seven Goals For First Time In 57 Years