Accusing the Congress of shying away from bringing a strong Lokpal Bill, Uttarakhand Chief Minister B C Khanduri today said it was his party BJP which wanted to fight corruption.
In his first public meeting in his constituency on the outskirts of Kotdwara at Lalpur, Khanduri said BJP is the party committed to the benefit of the people.
He attacked Congress by saying that it is the party of opportunists and encourages corruption. "That is why the Congress is shying away from bringing a strong Lokpal Bill".
Khanduri said, that in his reign, a Lokpal bill was passed and citizens' charter introduced because BJP wants to fight corruption.
He reminded people that during his tenure as the minister for Road and Transport in Atal Bihari Vajpayee's government, he sanctioned many bridges in the Kotdwara Dehradun highway.
Cong Shying Away From a Strong Lokpal: Khanduri
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Tablighi Jamaat Members Face NSA For Misbehaving With Nurses In UP Hospital
- 'Corona Jihad', 'Tablighi Virus'... Would 'Mandir Virus' Be Okay In Such Intolerant Times?
- Silence Of The Abdullahs: Is Coronavirus A Cover?
- Light Candles, Lamps On Sunday At 9 PM To End Darkness Of Coronavirus: PM
- MHA Blacklists, Cancels Visa Of 960 Foreign Tablighi Jamaat Members
- 'Corona Jihad', 'Tablighi Virus'...Would 'Mandir Virus' Be Okay In Such Intolerant Times?
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- In My Blood, There May Be Answers: US Coronavirus Survivour
- IIT Researchers Develop Portable Ventilator Priced At Rs 30,000
- Cops Book Hawkers, Shopkeepers In Nizamuddin, But Ignored Markaz
- Google To Publish User Location Data To Help 'Manage Coronavirus'
- Born During Lockdown, Raipur Twins Named 'Corona' And 'Covid'
- Modi Discusses COVID-19 Lockdown With Eminent Sports Personalities
- Global Coronavirus Cases Cross One Million, Death Toll Exceeds 51,000
- Nobody Knows When Football Can Resume: FIFA President Gianni Infantino