Accusing the Congress of shying away from bringing a strong Lokpal Bill, Uttarakhand Chief Minister B C Khanduri today said it was his party BJP which wanted to fight corruption.
In his first public meeting in his constituency on the outskirts of Kotdwara at Lalpur, Khanduri said BJP is the party committed to the benefit of the people.
He attacked Congress by saying that it is the party of opportunists and encourages corruption. "That is why the Congress is shying away from bringing a strong Lokpal Bill".
Khanduri said, that in his reign, a Lokpal bill was passed and citizens' charter introduced because BJP wants to fight corruption.
He reminded people that during his tenure as the minister for Road and Transport in Atal Bihari Vajpayee's government, he sanctioned many bridges in the Kotdwara Dehradun highway.
Cong Shying Away From a Strong Lokpal: Khanduri
THE LATEST ISSUE
- ‘Will Covid Vaccine Kill Or Make Me Impotent?’ Villagers Question, Say No To Vaccine
- Expert Panel Suggests WHO Should Be Given More Power To Stop Pandemics
- Nurses Day: Long Hours, Low Salaries, No Social Recognition
- Pinarayi's Pragmatic, Non-dogmatic Ways Got The Swing Votes In Kerala
- Some Oxygen For Siddique Kappan, Please?
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- RSS Diary: In Sangh, Inner Cohesiveness Erases Dissent, If Any
- Bharat Biotech Says Can’t Give Additional Covaxin Doses to Delhi: Sisodia
- India Records 4,205 Covid Deaths In A Single Day, 3.48 Lakh New Cases
- Indian Woman Killed In Air Strikes In Israel
- Nurses: Covid Warriors And Real Bravehearts
- India In ‘Dire Straits’ Because It Opened Up Prematurely: Dr Anthony Fauci
- Can Thakur Fill In For Pandya - India Bowling Coach Has His Say
- COVID Crisis: I’ve Stopped Watching, Reading News - Neeraj Chopra