Asserting that Jammu and Kashmir is an integral part of India, the BJP Legislators Party leader Chaman Lal Gupta alleged today that the Congress is responsible for the "plight" of minorities in the state.
"This party has proved (to be) not only devoid of vision and national outlook but also the actions of its leaders have proved them to be the worst communalists," Gupta said in a statement here today.
The BJP leader alleged, "More than Pakistan, the Congress is more to blame for the elimination of minorities in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK), where not a single Hindu or a Sikh has been permitted to survive."
It is not just the minorities in POK that have left but those in the Kashmir valley have also been forced out over the past two decades, he said. "The percentage of minorities has trickled down to 1 per cent in Kashmir today from 14 per cent at the time of accession of Jammu and Kashmir with Union of India," Gupta said.
"There are about 12 lakh people who have become refugees within their own country and all this has happened when either the Congress or National conference has been in power in the state," he said.
Gupta stressed that the state is an integral part of India and said the BJP would fight tooth and nail any move aimed at weakening the ties of the state with rest of the country.
Cong Responsible for Plight of Minorities in J&K: Gupta
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hit By Coronavirus Lockdown, 90-Year-Old Kajodi Trudges Home, 400 Km Away
- RBI Reduces Key Repo Rate By 75 Basis Points To 4.4% Amid Coronavirus Lockdown
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Cases In India Rise To 724, Death Toll Reach 17
- 'We Are At War And Not Winning': UN Chief Calls For Wartime Plan To Fight COVID-19
- Coronavirus Pandemic Raises Serious Questions About China's Conduct
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Coronavirus Lockdown: Prasar Bharati To Re-run 'Ramayan' From Mar 28
- Coronavirus: Athletes Qualified For 2020 Olympics Will Keep 2021 Spots – REPORT
- UP Cops Make People Hop With Bags During Coronavirus Lockdown
- Kabul Gurdwara Attack Pak Attempt To Rupture Strong Indo-Afghan Ties
- Working Together With G20 Countries Against Coronavirus Pandemic: Trump
- Harassment Of Workers Threatens Production Of COVID-19 Test Kits
- Coronavirus: A James Bond-Inspired Mobile App Helping TN Authorities
- Tendulkar Donates 50 Lakh To Fight COVID-19