Asserting that Jammu and Kashmir is an integral part of India, the BJP Legislators Party leader Chaman Lal Gupta alleged today that the Congress is responsible for the "plight" of minorities in the state.
"This party has proved (to be) not only devoid of vision and national outlook but also the actions of its leaders have proved them to be the worst communalists," Gupta said in a statement here today.
The BJP leader alleged, "More than Pakistan, the Congress is more to blame for the elimination of minorities in Pakistan Occupied Kashmir (POK), where not a single Hindu or a Sikh has been permitted to survive."
It is not just the minorities in POK that have left but those in the Kashmir valley have also been forced out over the past two decades, he said. "The percentage of minorities has trickled down to 1 per cent in Kashmir today from 14 per cent at the time of accession of Jammu and Kashmir with Union of India," Gupta said.
"There are about 12 lakh people who have become refugees within their own country and all this has happened when either the Congress or National conference has been in power in the state," he said.
Gupta stressed that the state is an integral part of India and said the BJP would fight tooth and nail any move aimed at weakening the ties of the state with rest of the country.
Cong Responsible for Plight of Minorities in J&K: Gupta
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- CBI Carries Out Searches At Congress Leader DK Shivakumar's Premises
- Noida Police Apologises For Manhandling Priyanka Gandhi, Orders Probe
- KXIP Vs CSK: Faf, Watson Crush Punjab
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- JEE-Advanced Results Announced, Pune Boy Chirag Falor Tops Exam
- Oppn's Misinformation On Farm Laws Amounts To Criminal Conduct: BJP
- BJP Leader Shot Dead In West Bengal, BJP Demands CBI Inquiry
- Pandey's Stunning Take Is A Thing Of Beauty
- It’s Been A Very Interesting Journey: Donald Trump on Covid-19
- India's COVID-19 Tally Crosses 66 Lakh-Mark
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- Man Utd 1-6 Spurs: Red Devils Suffer Joint-record Home Defeat