Congress today refrained from commenting on media reports based on the excerpts of late party veteran Arjun Singh's soon-to-be-released posthumous autobiography 'A Grain of Sand in the Hourglass of Time'.
"The book has not been released as yet. When it is released, we will see what it carries," was the only refrain by the party spokesperson Rashid Alvi to repeated questions.
Speaking on condition of anonymity, a Congress leader said the party would like to avoid controversy on the issue as there is no point in reacting prematurely on it.
A part of the book points out that late P V Narasimha Rao had reacted to the suggestion that Sonia Gandhi be made the Congress chief after the assassination of her husband Rajiv Gandhi in May, 1991 asking why should the Congress party be hitched to the Nehru-Gandhi family like train compartments to the engine.
The book, which meanders through the turbulent times of Congress, is expected to revisit many uncomfortable phases of the party's history.
Cong Refrains to Comment on Arjun Singh's Book
THE LATEST ISSUE
- In Naveen’s Crosshairs: Vengeful Odisha Govt Goes After Leading Odia News Channel
- Poll Sop: Nitish Kumar’s Standard Operating Procedure
- The Saudi Crown Prince Reveals His Schizophrenia
- Victorian Ace: Dean Jones Was A True-Bred Australian Who Made Grit His Middle Name
- 'You Can't Stop Thefts Till Thieves Repent': R. Ashwin On 'Mankading'
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- IAF Has Demonstrated Its Capability To Engage With The Adversary: IAF Chief
- Bihar Elections: Former DGP Gupteshwar Pandey Left Ticketless
- Batting Let Bowlers Down, Says CSK Skipper Dhoni After Yet Another Defeat
- China Will Pay A Big Price For Spreading Covid-19 Globally: Trump
- I Am Still A Student Of Cinema: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Tablighi Case: Freedom Of Speech Most Abused, Says SC
- India’s GDP Expected To Contract By 9.6 Percent This Fiscal: World Bank
- Ind Vs Aus 2020-21: Cricket Series To Start With ODIs In Brisbane From Nov 25