Congress today refrained from commenting on media reports based on the excerpts of late party veteran Arjun Singh's soon-to-be-released posthumous autobiography 'A Grain of Sand in the Hourglass of Time'.
"The book has not been released as yet. When it is released, we will see what it carries," was the only refrain by the party spokesperson Rashid Alvi to repeated questions.
Speaking on condition of anonymity, a Congress leader said the party would like to avoid controversy on the issue as there is no point in reacting prematurely on it.
A part of the book points out that late P V Narasimha Rao had reacted to the suggestion that Sonia Gandhi be made the Congress chief after the assassination of her husband Rajiv Gandhi in May, 1991 asking why should the Congress party be hitched to the Nehru-Gandhi family like train compartments to the engine.
The book, which meanders through the turbulent times of Congress, is expected to revisit many uncomfortable phases of the party's history.
Cong Refrains to Comment on Arjun Singh's Book
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Police Clear Anti-CAA Protest Site At Delhi's Shaheen Bagh Amid COVID-19 Fears
- Coronavirus Pandemic Live Updates: India Goes Into Near-Complete Lockdown As Cases Rise To 470
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan Sworn In As Madhya Pradesh CM
- First Communal Violence, Now Coronavirus Fears, Delhi's Riot Victims Have Nowhere To Go
- Curfew Passes To Be Necessary For Travel Between Delhi, Neighbouring Areas
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Loyalty Test: Time For Indian Businesses To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus
- Vaccine Trials To Fight Coronavirus Offer Hope, Could Be Harbinger Of New Technology
- Coronavirus: Curfew Imposed In Maharashtra From Midnight, Says Uddhav
- Coronavirus: Punjab Imposes Curfew To Enforce Total Lockdown
- AIIMS To Shut Down OPD From March 24 As Coronavirus Cases Surge
- ICMR Recommends Hydroxychloroquine For Healthcare Workers Tackling Covid-19 Patients
- Coronavirus: Postponement Of Tokyo Olympics Inevitable – IOC Official
- Coronavirus: UEFA Champions League, Europa League Finals Postponed