Congress today refrained from commenting on media reports based on the excerpts of late party veteran Arjun Singh's soon-to-be-released posthumous autobiography 'A Grain of Sand in the Hourglass of Time'.
"The book has not been released as yet. When it is released, we will see what it carries," was the only refrain by the party spokesperson Rashid Alvi to repeated questions.
Speaking on condition of anonymity, a Congress leader said the party would like to avoid controversy on the issue as there is no point in reacting prematurely on it.
A part of the book points out that late P V Narasimha Rao had reacted to the suggestion that Sonia Gandhi be made the Congress chief after the assassination of her husband Rajiv Gandhi in May, 1991 asking why should the Congress party be hitched to the Nehru-Gandhi family like train compartments to the engine.
The book, which meanders through the turbulent times of Congress, is expected to revisit many uncomfortable phases of the party's history.
Cong Refrains to Comment on Arjun Singh's Book
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Live Updates | CBI Seeks 5-Day Custody Of Chidambaram, Court Order Soon
- 'Broad Daylight Murder Of Law, Democracy': Cong Lashes Out At Govt Over Chidambaram's Arrest
- OPINION | 'Puppets On A Chain, Kashmir's 'Pro-India' Parties NC, PDP Dug Their Own Grave'
- Who Next? The Big Fear Troubling Congress After Chidambaram’s Arrest
- India's Fresh Challenge On Kashmir: Engage With Donald Trump But Without Opening Another Front
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Pakistan Says Kartarpur Corridor Will Be Opened In November
- Etawah 'Ragging' Case: Police, VC Deny Medical Students Were Forced To Shave Heads
- March To Delhi Temple Demolition Site Was 'Personal Decision': Dalit Body
- NDA Candidate Against Rahul Gandhi In Wayanad Arrested In UAE
- 'Yeh Mauka Ka Khel Hai' - Sehwag Wants Rohit To Get Long Run In Tests
- Kohli Hints At Four-Bowler Strategy Vs WI
- WATCH: Guns Fail To Fire Shots During Ex-Bihar CM Jagannath Mishra's State Honours Ceremony
- MP CM Kamal Nath's Nephew Ratul Puri Moves Court To Surrender In AgustaWestland Case