Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today said that the Congress is playing dirty vote bank politics over issues like terrorism and corruption.
"Congress sultanate in Delhi is playing dirty vote bank politics in the fight against terrorism," Modi said addressing a gathering at Gandhidham town of this district.
"The government, which has failed on fronts like terrorism and corruption, instead of introspecting, is alleging others for it," Modi said.
"Long lectures are being delivered on the issue of corruption in Delhi. If you are serious and if you have the guts to fight corruption, go and bring back black money stashed in Swiss banks. This one step will show that you are serious about fighting corruption," Modi said targeting Congress.
"The Congress, to take advantage of its vote-bank politics, has attempted to divide terrorism in form of majority and minority," Modi said adding the British rulers had used the language of majority and minority and gave birth to Pakistan. Now the Congress leaders are also using the same language.
Speaking yesterday at the Congress party plenary, President Sonia Gandhi had said, "the Congress party makes no distinction between organisations of majority and minority communities who indulge in communalism and acts of terrorism. They are all dangerous, they must all be defeated".
In that context, Modi sought to know from the Congress, "are minorities like Parsis, Jains, Buddhists terrorists?"
The whole world is of the opinion that terrorism has no caste, creed or religion. But the Congress has attempted to divide the country by using terms like majority and minority terrorism, he observed.
Cong Playing Dirty Politics Over Terrorism: Modi
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Mike Pompeo, US Defence Secretary Esper To Visit India Next Week For 2+2 Talks
- Why Brian Lara Is In Awe Of Fellow Trinidadian Nicholas Pooran Of KXIP
- Stalin, Palaniswami Locked In A Stately Duel
- Mukesh Ambani’s Jio, Qualcomm Test 5G; Achieve Over 1 Gbps Speed
- Health Minister Hails Outlook Poshan Campaign
- Why Jofra Archer, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje Making IPL A Connoisseur’s Delight
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- KXIP Captain KL Rahul Speaks His Heart After Win Against Delhi Capitals
- Explosion In Gulshan-I-Iqbal Building In Karachi; 3 Dead, 15 Injured
- Pak Army Chief Orders Probe Into 'Arrest, Release' Of Sharif’s Son-In-Law
- Two AMU Doctors Sacked, Both Connected To Hathras Rape Case
- India Returns Chinese Soldier Captured In Eastern Ladakh
- Justice Dept Sues Tech Giant Google In A Landmark Antitrust Case
- PM Modi Lauds Police Forces On Police Commemoration Day
- Messi On Target As Pique Sees Red