Senior Congress leader Virendra Kataria today said he had received a death threat over phone after he created a ruckus at a party meet by saying that former PCC chief P R Dasmunshi was "not in our midst".
"I received a telephone call last night saying I will not return alive from this place (Kolkata). I have given the phone number to the WBPCC president Manas Bhunia," Kataria, the Returning Officer for WBPCC organisational polls, told PTI over phone before leaving for Delhi.
He did not say who could be behind the phone call but felt it was done by some frustrated people in the state Congress.
Bhunia later told reporters that the matter was being enquired at the party level. "This is an internal matter of the party," he said.
Cong Leader Virendra Kataria Gets Death Threat
THE LATEST ISSUE
- At Least 15 Killed In Fire At Coaching Centre In Surat, Death Toll May Rise
- Narendra Modi: The Bachchan of Screen and Kohli on Field
- Opinion | Congress Should Think Beyond Gandhi Family, Reinvent Itself For Survival
- After Lok Sabha Debacle, Slew Of Resignations On Congress Table; Rahul Too Likely To Quit
- The Rise And Fall Of Pawan Chamling, India’s Longest Serving Chief Minister
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- UK Prime Minister Theresa May Announces Resignation After Brexit Backlash
- China Welcomes Modi, Imran Khan Exchange Of Greetings
- US Applauds Indian Elections, Says, 'An Inspiration Around The World'
- In Uttar Pradesh, Mayawati's BSP Lone Gainer Among Grand Alliance Constituents
- After LS Poll Drubbing, Karnataka Cabinet Reposes Faith In Kumaraswamy
- Navjot Singh Sidhu 'Inept', Intend To Change His Portfolio: Amarinder Singh
- Day After Zakir Musa's Encounter In Tral, Curfew Imposed In Parts Of Kashmir
- 'Gear Up For Assembly Polls, We Will Get Majority In J&K,' NC Chief Farooq Abdullah To Party Workers