Senior Congress leader Virendra Kataria today said he had received a death threat over phone after he created a ruckus at a party meet by saying that former PCC chief P R Dasmunshi was "not in our midst".
"I received a telephone call last night saying I will not return alive from this place (Kolkata). I have given the phone number to the WBPCC president Manas Bhunia," Kataria, the Returning Officer for WBPCC organisational polls, told PTI over phone before leaving for Delhi.
He did not say who could be behind the phone call but felt it was done by some frustrated people in the state Congress.
Bhunia later told reporters that the matter was being enquired at the party level. "This is an internal matter of the party," he said.
Cong Leader Virendra Kataria Gets Death Threat
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Arun Jaitley: Accomplished Lawyer, BJP's Strategist And Modi's Troubleshooter
- 'Political Giant, Towering Intellectual, Legal Luminary': PM Modi's Tribute To Jaitley
- From Archives | When Jaitley And Sibal United In Their Love For Tendulkar
- Muslim Nation's Highest Award For Modi, Egg On Pakistan's Face
- Spilling The Beans: How Murky Was Cafe Coffee Day Founder VG Siddartha's Death
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- PV Sindhu Progresses To Final At Badminton World Championships
- Donald Trump Hits Back At China With More Tariffs Amid Escalating Trade War
- PM Modi Defends Article 370 Move In UAE, Says It Ends 'Isolation' Of J&K Which Was Radicalising Youths
- Why Is Part Of The Amazon Burning?
- Arun Jaitley's Contributions To Public Life Will Be Remembered Forever: Sonia Gandhi
- WATCH: Decoding What Nirmala Sitharaman's Announcements To Boost Economy Mean
- J&K's Integration Complete With Axing Of Article 370, Says Amit Shah
- Live, SL v NZ, 2nd Test, Day 3: Latham Hits Fifty