Congress today complained to the Election Commission that Uttarakhand Chief Minister B C Khanduri had violated the Model Code of Conduct by publishing advertisements running into lakhs of rupees.
State Congress spokesman Surendra Kumar said in his complaint that Khanduri has published advertisements in national and local dailies at a cost of lakhs of rupees.
The advertisements carried the chief minister's photograph and a slogan "Khanduri hai zaroori" despite the fact that he himself is contesting the Assembly election from Kotdwar as a BJP candidate, he said.
Kumar pointed out that the EC has fixed a limit on the expenditure by a candidate at Rs 11 lakh but Khanduri has already spent nearly Rs one crore on such advertisements.
Meanwhile, the EC has set up a public grievance cell at Uttarakhand Secretariat here to receive election-related complaints ahead of the January 30 polls.
Uttarakhand Chief Electoral Officer Radha Raturi said in order to redress different complaints being received during the election process, the cell has been constituted.
Till date, she said 75 complaints have been received by the cell out of which 64 have already been redressed while others have been forwarded to the officers concerned. The maximum number of 28 complaints has been received from Haridwar district alone, she added.
Cong Complains Against Khanduri Over Advertisements
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Arun Jaitley, Former Union Minister And Senior BJP Leader, Dies At 66
- BJP's Indispensable Man, A Raconteur And Mentor: Arun Jaitley Was All These And Much More
- How Arun Jaitley Played A Key Role In Making Nitish Kumar The Bihar CM
- UAE's Highest Civilian Award For Modi, Egg On Pakistan's Face
- MSD: Three Musketeers Who Engineered Kashmir's Bloodless Coup, But Are Their Plans Sustainable?
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- 'What Is Modi Govt Trying To Hide?' Says Congress After Rahul Gandhi-Led Delegation Denied Entry In J&K
- 'Political Giant, Towering Intellectual, Legal Luminary': PM Modi's Tribute To Arun Jaitley
- Naresh Goyal Created Tax Evading Schemes To Siphon Off Funds Abroad: ED
- PV Sindhu Progresses To Final At Badminton Worlds
- India Has Lost An Outstanding Parliamentarian: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh Condoles Arun Jaitley's Death
- Durand Final: Joseph-Inspired Gokulam Stun Bagan To Lift Trophy
- Why Is Part Of The Amazon Burning?
- PM Modi Defends Article 370 Move In UAE, Says It Ends 'Isolation' Of J&K Which Was Radicalising Youths