A complaint was filed today in the Lokayukta Special Court here against JDS leader H D Kumaraswamy alleging irregularities in denotification of land during his tenure as Chief Minister.
Kumaraswamy is the second former chief minister in the state to face allegations of irregularities in denotification of land apart from B S Yeddyurappa who had surrendered in court last October, facing imminent arrest in a case relating to alleged irregularities in denotification of land.
The complainant Madhuswamy in his complaint has accused Kumaraswamy of denotifying 3.8 acres in Thanisandra village, which had been acquired for formation of a residential layout by Bangalore Development Authority in the Arkavathy layout in violation of rules.
Former minister C Chennigappa also has been named in the private complaint, alleging his involvement in getting the land denotified.
The petitioner alleged that Kumaraswamy ordered denotification of the land during October 2007, few days before the JDS-BJP coalition government collapsed following withdrawal of support by BJP.
Others facing land scam allegations and fighting legal battles are Housing Minister V Somanna, Industries Minister Murugesh Nirani, former minister S N Krishnaiah Setty and BJP MLAs C T Ravi and Nehru Olekar.
Complaint Filed Against Kumaraswamy
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- GST Exemption On Vaccine, Covid Drugs Will Make Them Costlier: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly