A complaint has been received against Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA from Charminar, Ahmed Pasha Quadri, for his alleged remarks about the statue of Mahatma Gandhi in the state Assembly premises in Hyderabad, police said today.
BJP president of Jagtial town Raju has filed a police complaint against the MIM MLA, who allegedly made some 'objectionable' remarks against the statue of Gandhi yesterday, Assistant Superintendent of Police A Rama Rajeshwari said.
The complaint has been sent to the Public Prosecutor for opinion, she said adding, the police would act after receiving a report from the prosecutor.
Incidentally, a top MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi was recently arrested for making a "hate speech".
Complaint Against MIM MLA for Remarks on Gandhi's Statue
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Amid Slowdown, Government Unveils Measures To Support Auto Sector, Boost Demand
- Home, Vehicle, Other Retail Loans To Become Cheaper: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- Death By Debt: Indian Businesses Are Devastated, Tax Terror Adds To Woes
- No Less Than A Virat Kohli, True Stories Of 15 Indian Sportspersons Who Defied Death To Win Hearts
- New India Will Not Allow Loot Of Money: PM Modi To Indian Diaspora In France
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Enhanced Surcharge On FPIs Removed: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- SC To Hear Chidambaram's Appeal Against Arrest On Monday
- FATF Asia-Pacific Group Puts Pakistan In 'Enhanced Blacklist'
- Karnataka: Political Slugfest Erupts Between Congress, JD(S) As Siddaramaiah, Deve Gowda Trade Barbs
- Sindhu Assured Of Fifth Medal At Badminton Worlds
- Ashes Live, 3rd Test: Josh Hazlewood Five-For Demolishes England For 67
- Now, Shashi Tharoor Says 'Demonising Modi Wrong'; Backs Jairam Ramesh, Singhvi
- Roti Served With Salt As Mid-Day Meal For Primary School Students In UP