A complaint has been filed in a court here against Bollywood actor-producer Ajay Devgn for allegedly maligning and defaming Sikhs in his upcoming film Son of Sardar.
The complaint, filed by one Ravinder Singh who claims to be a member of a Sikh organisation Sikhi Sidak, seeks action against Devgan and the film's director Ashwini Dhir for hurting religious sentiments of the Sikh community and defaming it.
Singh told the court that the trailers of the movie, which is scheduled for release on November 13, show the main character of a turbaned Sikh, played by Devgan, to be having a tattoo of Lord Shiva on his chest.
"Since Sikhs are forbidden by their gurus from worshipping idols and deities, the projection of a Sikh being worshipper of Lord Shiva has deeply hurt the religious feelings of the complainant and the Sikh community," his counsel argued.
The complainant also said: "in the official trailer of the film, Sikhs have been maligned and defamed by the dialogues spoken by Ajay Devgan."
"These dialogues have lowered the image of Sikhs in the mind of general public and have made them a laughing stock for people and has presented Sikh community in bad taste and the trailers of the film have been released only to defame the community."
Singh requested that Devgan and Dhir be summoned and tried for offences of "outraging the religious sentiments of Sikh community and defaming it".
Complaint Against Ajay Devgan for Defaming Sikhs
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- GST Exemption On Vaccine, Covid Drugs Will Make Them Costlier: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly