In the wake of lynching of a man at Dadri in Uttar Pradesh over a rumour of eating beef, Congress leader Raj Babbar today said communal tension in the country has increased after BJP came to power at the Centre.
Communal Tension Increased After BJP Came to Power: Raj Babbar
"After BJP formed government at the Centre and Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister, communal elements have started functioning openly. Incidents of communal tension and violence have increased," Babbar said here.
People of a particular community were being targeted and attempts were on to vitiate the atmosphere, the Congress leader and former Bollywood actor said on the sidelines of a programme here.
Iqlakh (50) was beaten to death and his 22-year-old son Danish was critically injured by a mob which barged into their house on Monday night following rumours that the family had consumed beef.
THE LATEST ISSUE
- CJI To Consider Chidambaram's Case For Urgent Listing; ED Issues Lookout Notice
- US President Donald Trump Offers To Mediate Kashmir Issue Again, Says It's 'Complicated Place'
- 3 Killed As Helicopter For Flood Relief Crashes In Rain-Hit Uttarkashi
- 'Disgraceful Misuse Of Power': Rahul Gandhi Flays BJP Govt Over Action Against Chidambaram
- India’s Largest Biscuit Manufacturer Parle Says It Could Slash 10,000 Jobs: Report
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- The Little Sleep I Get Is Filled With Nightmares About Home: Kashmiri Living In Delhi On J&K
- CBI Books NDTV Founders Prannoy Roy, Wife And Others In FDI Violation Case Against Company
- Chidambaram 'Hunted Down' For Speaking Truth Inconvenient To Cowards: Priyanka Gandhi
- LeT Militant, Police Officer Killed In Encounter In Jammu And Kashmir's Baramulla
- Preview: WI Vs IND, 1st Test
- Public Transport Resumes In Parts Of Kashmir, Students Still Stay Away From Schools
- Former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Babulal Gaur Passes Away At 89
- MNS Activist Sets Himself Ablaze After ED Issues Notice To Party Chief Raj Thackeray
- Preview: Ashes, 3rd Test, ENG Vs AUS