The committee to be headed by Justice (retd) Chandrakshekha Dharmadhikari, would include former Mumbai Police Commissioner Satish Sawhney and Nagpur Police Commissioner D Shivanandan, Patil said in the state assembly.
Committee to review MCOCA
Mumbai, Jun 4 (PTI) Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil today announced that the government would form a three-member committee to review the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime (Prevention) Act.
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Communal Corona? Is It Justified To Blame Tablighi Jamaat For Nizamuddin Outbreak?
- Chemists Claim Shortage of Essential Medicines Due To Hoarding & Panic Buying
- Coronavirus: With 146 New Infections, Cases In India Climb to 1,397; Death Toll Reaches 35
- Is Coronavirus Sexually Transmitted And Other Questions People Want To Ask
- Tendulkar's 'Coronavirus' Diary: Unplugged Music, TV Serials And Lot Of Sleep
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- FIR Filed Against Tablighi Jamaat Maulana
- India Needs Aggressive Measures To Protect Marginalised In These Times
- Recession To Hit World Economy With Likely Exception Of India, China: UN
- Spain Sees Record Death Toll With 849 Fatalities In 24 Hours: Govt
- Another Leopard Spotted In Chandigarh, Cops Ask People To Stay Indoors
- Hit Void: Who Would Like To Wipe A Year In Sport From The Records?
- From Akshay-Salman To Janhvi-Sara Ali Khan, Corona Will Spare None
- With $2.7B Reserves, FIFA Has 'Duty' To Aid Football