Severe cold wave like conditions claimed 11 more lives across Uttar Pradesh in the past 24 hours, taking the toll this winter season to 140.
Official sources said today the chill claimed six lives in Barabanki, four in Sultanpur and one in Etah.
Maximum day temperatures in the state were below normal by 6 to 13 degree Celsius while the night temperatures fell in Gorakhpur and Varanasi divisions and were below normal in the state.
Lowest minimum temperature in the state was 0.3 degree Celsius recorded at Muzaffarnagar followed by Najibabad (Bijnore) 1.0 deg, Agra 1.1 deg, Ghazipur 1.5 deg, Lucknow 1.8 deg, Gorakhpur 2.4 deg and Kanpur 2.7 deg Celsius.
Local Met officials said that dry and foggy conditions would prevail over many parts of the state in the next 48 hours.
Cold Wave Claims 11 More Lives in UP, Toll Reaches 140
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus Tests Must Be Conducted Free Of Cost In Govt & Private Labs, SC Tells Centre
- At All-Party Meet, PM Modi Suggests Extending 21-Day Lockdown
- Corona In The Chambal, Corona In The Secretariat
- Private Airlines Refused To Carry Samples Of Coronavirus To Pune For Testing
- Why COVID-19 Outbreak In India's Slums Will Be Disastrous For The Urban Poor
- Chronology Is Clear: MPLADS Abolition Leaves MPs At The Mercy Of Centre
- Bollywood Needs A New Ecosystem To Bring Its Economy Back On Track After Corona
- 'Corona Jihad', 'Tablighi Virus'...Would 'Mandir Virus' Be Okay In Such Intolerant Times?
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Coronavirus Hotspots In 15 UP Districts To Be Sealed: All You Need To Know
- Mumbai Makes Masks Compulsory In Public, Violators To Face Action
- Opinion: Animal World May Not Be Immune To Coronavirus Pandemic
- Phased Rollback Of Lockdown Most Rational Approach: Kerala CM
- 'He Was Great': Trump Praises Modi Day After Retaliation Warning
- Suspension Of Olympics Qualification Big Blow For Indian Athletes: Coach
- India's GDP May Plummet To Multi-decade Low Of 1.6%: Goldman Sachs
- Akhtar Proposes Indo-Pak Series To Raise Funds For Fight Against COVID-19