Indraprastha Gas Ltd today hiked price of CNG it sells to automobiles in national capital by Rs 0.30 per kg to Rs 29.30 per kg.
IGL, the sole supplier of CNG to automobiles and piped cooking gas to households, raised compressed natural gas (CNG) price in Delhi, Noida, Greater Noida and Ghaziabad with effect from midnight tonight, the company said in a press statement here.
"The correction in prices would result in an increase of 30 paise per kg in the consumer price of CNG in Delhi and 35 paise per kg in the consumer price of CNG in Noida, Greater Noida and Ghaziabad," it said.
The new consumer price of Rs 29.30 per kg in Delhi and Rs 32.85 per kg in Noida, Greater Noida and Ghaziabad would be effective from midnight tonight.
Explaining the reason leading to the revision in the price of CNG, IGL Managing Director Rajesh Vedvyas said that the minor adjustment in rates was done because of increase in operating expenses as a result of revision of minimum wages by the government.
"Despite the aforesaid prices increase, CNG would still offer nearly 64 per cent savings towards the running cost when compared to petrol driven vehicles at the current level of prices. When compared to diesel, driven vehicles the economics in favour of CNG at revised price would be over 22 per cent," he added.
CNG Price Hiked by Rs 0.30/Kg in Delhi & NCR
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Three Accidents In Atal Rohtang Tunnel In 72 Hours Since Inauguration
- Junior Commissioned Officer Killed In Shelling Along LoC: Army
- How Axar Patel Caught RCB In Web Of Spin
- US President Donald Trump Returns To The White House
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Ashwin Leaves Finch With 'Mankading' Warning
- Pompeo To Meet Jaishankar In Tokyo
- Dr. Reddy's Asked To Submit Revised Protocol For Sputnik V Vaccine Trials
- JEE Advanced Cut Off Lowest In Recent Years, Here’s Why
- In Absence Of Ailing Paswan, Son Chirag Left To Fight His Own Battle
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Delhi Capitals Will Be Hard To Beat In IPL 2020, Says RCB Skipper Virat Kohli