Almost three months after the announcement about the merger of Praja Rajyam Party into Congress, PRP president K Chiranjeevi will hold talks with top Congress leaders in Delhi tonight to finalize the merger date.
Responding to the invitation by the Congress President Sonia Gandhi, Chiranjeevi will go to Delhi to hold talks with top Congress leaders including Gandhi and AICC general secretary and in-charge of AP affairs Ghulam Nabi Azad to fix the date for the formal merger, PRP sources said.
Apart from the merger issue, the Congress high command is also likely to discuss the induction of PRP members into the Andhra Pradesh cabinet. Four slots in the State Council of Ministers are vacant, apart from the one that came with the resignation of Agriculture Minister Y S Vivekananda Reddy ahead of Pulivendula assembly bypolls.
Sources say that at least three PRP MLAs will be offered cabinet posts in the expansion that could take place later this month.
Chiranjeevi holds a lot of significance for the ruling Congress in the changing political scenario in the state as the support of his 17 MLAs holds the key for the survival of the Kiran Kumar Reddy government in any eventuality.
Chiranjeevi had announced his decision to merge the PRP with the Congress in February, after a meeting with Sonia Gandhi. However, technical issues and the subsequent elections in five state assemblies led to a delay in the formal merger.
Chiranjeevi has already invited Sonia as well as Rahul Gandhi to attend the function that is likely to be held near Vijayawada towards the end of this month.
Chiranjeevi to Fix PRP Merger Date with Cong Leaders
THE LATEST ISSUE
- The Complete Covid Chargesheet: From First Lockdown To Present Catastrophe
- ‘India Won’t Lose Hope, Will Fight And Win’: PM Modi On Covid
- Oxygen Shortage: Death Toll At Goa's Biggest Covid Hospital Rises To 75
- Covid Case Study: What Happens When One Contracts Black Fungus And The Symptoms
- Covid-19: Recoveries Outnumber Daily Cases, Over Two Crore Recovered So Far
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Daughter’s Diary: Corona Has Come Home, But Home Is Far Away
- UK Study Shows Mixing Vaccines Can Be Safe
- Covid: 13 Foreign Countries’ Emergency Medical Help Land In Shimla
- Column: Central Encroachment Into West Bengal Even After Elections
- Bikers On A Mission Bridging Plasma Donors With Covid Patients
- Suspicion Of Poisoning Rife After 18 Elephants Die In Assam’s Nagaon
- India Batsman Hanuma Vihari Turns Into COVID-19 'Warrior'
- Olympic-bound Race Walker KT Irfan, 4 Others Turn Negative In 2nd COVID Test