Bihar Water resources Minister Vijay Kumar Chadhary today offered to quit as the JD(U) state President, saying he needed to work overtime to discharge his ministerial responsibilities.
"I have sought permission from Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to quit from the post of the state unit JD(U) President as it will be difficult for me to do justice to organizational responsibilities in the wake of my induction in the NDA government as a minister," he told PTI on phone.
"The chief minister has given me a portfolio that requires me to work overtime," Chaudhary said arguing that under the circumstances it will be difficult for him to do justice to his assignment as the party chief.
The duties as the state unit JD(U) chief will require full attention as there was need to overhaul the party structure from the block to state level in the wake of its landslide victory in the assembly polls, he said.
Chaudhary, who was appointed as the state unit JD(U) President last year in place of Rajiv Ranjan Singh alias Lallan Singh, said there were "a number of capable leaders" in the party to take his place and he would request the leadership to choose his successor in due course.
Chaudhary was, however, awaiting "a green signal" from the chief minister to go ahead and submit a formal resignation to JD(U) President Sharad Yadav to pave the way for the appointment of his successor.
Chaudhary Offers to Quit as Bihar JD(U) President
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Man Carries Mother On Shoulder To Cremation Site As Kin, Villagers Turn Spectators
- Covid Second Wave: PM Modi's Larger-Than-Life Image Takes A Big Hit
- Nothing To Hide: Youth Cong Chief To Delhi Cops’ Poser On Procuring Oxygen
- Situation ‘Extremely Fragile’ As Rajasthan CM Sounds Alarm Over Inadequate Oxygen Supply
- A Pin-Prick Of Hope: 40 Transgenders Given Covid-19 Jab In Guwahati
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Daughter’s Diary: Corona Has Come Home, But Home Is Far Away
- UK Study: Mixing Vaccines Can Be Safe
- Covid: 13 Foreign Countries’ Emergency Medical Help Land In Shimla
- Kashmir Doctors' Panel Pushes For 'Plan' To Safeguard Staff
- Bikers On A Mission Bridging Plasma Donors With Covid Patients
- Suspicion Of Poisoning Rife After 18 Elephants Die In Assam’s Nagaon
- Mithali, Harman To Lead Teams
- I-League: AIFF To Do Away With Relegation Due To COVID-19