Looking aggressively at the Indian market for expansion, the Vikram Chatwal Hotels, a division of Hampshire Hotels and Resorts, plans to open 'Dream brand hotels' in various cities in the country, including Bangalore, Mumbai and New Delhi with a Rs 5000 crore investment.
About Rs 1000 crore has already been invested in the country which will go upto Rs 5000 crore, Chairman and CEO Hampshire Hotels and Resorts, Sant Singh Chatwal, told reporters here. The group expected to add 2000 rooms in Bangalore, Jaipur, Delhi, Hyderabad and Mumbai by 2010, and was already exploring markets in Chennai, Kolkata and Goa, he said.
Setting up a Rs 200 crore hotel under its 'Dream' brand in Kochi was truly a dream come true, he said. The hotel boasts of 15O guest rooms, 3 exclusive club floors, roof top pool and jacuzi, 5 world class restaurants and bars. There were plans to open another at the nearby silver sand, which will have about 300 rooms, he said.
The group is looking forward to opening its Dream Brand hotels in Hyderabad and Jaipur also. The chain has taken a site in Banjara hills in Hyderabad and in Jaipur and plans to start work in 6-7 months, Chatwal said.
The group owns hotels in the US, Canada, the UK, Thailand with over 3000 rooms in Manhattan alone. The Mumbai Palace chain of internationally renowned gourmet restaurants popularised Indian cuisine around the world major metropolitan cities including Ln, Montreal, Toronto, New York, Washingon, Beverely Hills, Houston and Kuala Lumpur, he said.
It will be opening Dream South Beach in fall 2009 and Dream Downtown in Manhattan in 2010, he said.
Asked if he felt any impact of recession, Chatwal said world over the impact has been felt and it would take time to recover. But this was the best period for expansion.
Chatwal is also the Trustee of the William J Clinton Foundation, a charitable foundation led by former US President Bill clinton to focus on global issues of health, security and economic empowerment.
Chatwal Hotels to Invest Rs 5000 Crore in India
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- GST Exemption On Vaccine, Covid Drugs Will Make Them Costlier: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly