A three member team of the central government today completed inspection of the ship allegedly carrying hazardous toxic and radioactive substance near Alang port here today.
The team set off for inspection early morning as the Platinum II ship is anchored near Gopnath, some 40 nautical miles from Alang coast, and returned around 6 pm.
Earlier in the day, the team members ruled out any leakage in the ship as alleged by its owner Komalkant Sharma of Leela Shipbreaking Ltd yesterday.
"There is absolutely no leakage in the ship," one of the team members said.
The central team consisted of A C R Das, senior advisor to the Steel Ministry, S A Hussain, head of the Radiology Safety Division, AERB (Atomic Energy Regulatory Board), and B R Naidu of the Zonal office of Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) in Gujarat, the Gujarat Maritime Board (GMB) said.
They were also accompanied by GMB and Gujarat Pollution Control Board (GPCB) officials, they added.
Local officials of GMB accompanying the team said the final report by the team would be submitted to the union government in a couple of days.
Central Team Completes Inspection of Ship Near Alang
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Man Carries Mother On Shoulder To Cremation Site As Kin, Villagers Turn Spectators
- Covid Second Wave: PM Modi's Larger-Than-Life Image Takes A Big Hit
- Nothing To Hide: Youth Cong Chief To Delhi Cops’ Poser On Procuring Oxygen
- Situation ‘Extremely Fragile’ As Rajasthan CM Sounds Alarm Over Inadequate Oxygen Supply
- A Pin-Prick Of Hope: 40 Transgenders Given Covid-19 Jab In Guwahati
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Daughter’s Diary: Corona Has Come Home, But Home Is Far Away
- UK Study: Mixing Vaccines Can Be Safe
- Covid: 13 Foreign Countries’ Emergency Medical Help Land In Shimla
- Kashmir Doctors' Panel Pushes For 'Plan' To Safeguard Staff
- Bikers On A Mission Bridging Plasma Donors With Covid Patients
- Suspicion Of Poisoning Rife After 18 Elephants Die In Assam’s Nagaon
- Mithali, Harman To Lead Teams
- I-League: AIFF To Do Away With Relegation Due To COVID-19