Suspended Commonwealth Games Organising Committee Chairman Suresh Kalmadi was today questioned by the CBI for the second time in connection with alleged scams related to the conduct of the sporting extravaganza.
Kalmadi was earlier questioned by the CBI at his residence here in December last year when teams of agency officials searched his residential and official premises in Delhi, Mumbai and Pune. His bank lockers were also searched at that time.
Three of his close aides including former OC Secretary General Lalit Bhanot, former OC Director General V K Verma and his personal assistant Shekhar Deorukhkar are already behind bars in connection with alleged irregularities during the Games.
The CBI has so far registered eight cases of which three are related to restoration work of two sporting venues, two are related to Queen Baton's relay, while one each is related to overlays, contract given to Swiss Time Keeping, and contract given to SIS live for the coverage of the Games.
Members of Organising Committee have been made accused in four cases related to alleged irregularities in awarding contracts of QBR, overlays and time keeping but so far Kalmadi has not been named accused in the eight FIRs filed by the agency.
CBI Tightens Noose Around Kalmadi
THE LATEST ISSUE
- JEE Advanced Cut Off Lowest In Recent Years, Here’s Why?
- RCB Vs DC: Vibrant Delhi Rout Bangalore By 59 Runs To Go Top Of Table
- In Absence Of Ailing Paswan, Son Chirag Left To Fight His Own Battle In Bihar Polls
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Ashwin Leaves Finch With 'Mankading' Warning
- Reopening Of Schools After Months Of Lockdown
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- FIR Registration Should Be Made Compulsory For All States: Gehlot
- Smriti Irani Calls Rahul Gandhi A 'VIP Kisan'
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Foreign Secretary, Army Chief Of India Visit Myanmar
- Delhi Capitals Will Be Hard To Beat In IPL 2020, Says RCB Skipper Virat Kohli