A special CBI court here today adjourned to October 18 the case relating to alleged masking of international calls as local by erstwhile Reliance Infocomm.
When the matter came up for hearing, Addtional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Raja Singh adjourned the case.
"Prosecution has not furnished all documents so far. For furnishing the documents, the case has been adjourned to October 18," B Kumar and K S Dinakaran, counsels appearing for Reliance infocomm, told reporters.
The case, in which Reliance Infocomm and its then top officials were alleged to have caused revenue losses to the exchequer by masking of calls, relates to a time when the company was part of unified Reliance Industries group led by Mukesh Ambani.
Reliance Infocomm was rechristened as Reliance Communications after it was transferred from Mukesh to younger brother Anil Ambani as part of family settlement in 2005.
In the last hearing on August 3, top officials of Reliance Industries, including Manoj Modi and Shankar Adawal, had appeared before the Court in response to summons.
In its FIR registered in August 2006, CBI had named Reliance Infocomm, represented by then board of directors, including Modi, Adwal and "unknown others".
The chargesheet said the accused persons intentionally tampered with the working of the telegraph network of the company and presented calls directly in the local network with a dishonest intention of defrauding the central government.
Reliance Infocomm had under protest paid a fine of Rs 150 crore imposed by telecom tribunal TDSAT in 2005.
Five officials of the erstwhile Reliance Infocomm -- Manoj Modi, Director, Shankar Adawal, President Corporate Affairs, Akhil Gupta, CEO, Business Development, Pankaj Pawar, Head of Regulatory, and L B D Khuruna -- were present in the court today.
However, the sixth accused K R Raja did not appear.
CBI Court Adjourns Reliance Infocomm Case to Oct 18
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- GST Exemption On Vaccine, Covid Drugs Will Make Them Costlier: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly