A Delhi court hearing the 2008 cash-for-vote scam case today decided to watch on Monday all the six CDs containing footage of the purported sting operation conducted in the run up to the July 2008 voting in Lok Sabha on the trust motion by Congress-led UPA government.
Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal asked Delhi Police to submit to her court all the case-related CDs which it has in its possession. The sting operation was conducted by a TV channel.
The court also directed the prosecution to get an expert to play the CDs in the courtroom after counsel for Sudheendra Kulkarni, a former aide of senior BJP leader L K Advani, alleged the CDs submitted by Delhi Police were incomplete.
"If you have sent all the six CDs to the FSL (forensic science laboratory), that means you have something in mind otherwise you could throw it in dustbin... Let us be fair to all. Whatever you have (CDs), you produce it before the court and show it to all," the judge said.
Public Prosecutor Rajiv Mohan told the court that they received six CDs from the Parliamentary Inquiry Committee, out of which one was empty. They added all the CDs they had received from the private TV channel, which had conducted the sting operation, has been put on record.
To this, the court said "the first thing is you (prosecution) give certified copies of all six CDs."
Meanwhile, the court extended Kulkarni's judicial custody till October 3, deferring the ongoing arguments on his bail plea till then.
Cash-for-Vote: Court to See CDs of Sting Operation
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Clueless Congress Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Cong To Form Fact-Finding Team To Analyse Poll Debacle
- Corpses Found Floating In Ganga
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Himachal: Cyber Thugs Target Covid Patients With False Promises Of Hospital Beds, Remdesivir
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- In A First, An Independent Candidate In TN Releases Election Expenses
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder
- Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma Get First Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine