Police today informed Madras High Court bench they had registered a case against controversial self styled godman Nithyananda and two others for allegedly providing devotees holy water mixed with drugs at the Adheenam here.
When the case came up for hearing before Justice A Selvam today, the government advocate said police had registered case under relevant sections against Nithyanandha and two others on a complaint by petitioner M Solaikannan of Hindu Makkal Katchi that a case had not been registered.
Solaikannnan said he had filed the petition as police had not acted on his complaint to test the nature of the water given to the devotees and to take necessary action.
Case Registered Against Nithyananda, 2 Others: Police
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- KXIP Vs CSK LIVE: Jadeja Gets Mandeep; Punjab 94/2 (12)
- LJP Goes Solo In Bihar Polls, But Will Chirag Paswan Prove To Be The New Mausam Vaigyanik?
- Hathras Rape: 'Scenario Created To Blame Govt', Says Former BJP MLA At Caste-Based Meet
- In The TIME Of Bilkis Bano As Dadi Cool
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Hathras Case: Editors Guild Condemns UP Govt For Obstructing Media
- PM Modi A Puppet In Hands Of Ambani-Adani: Rahul Gandhi At Tractor Rally
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- Pandey's Stunning Take Is A Thing Of Beauty
- 25-Year-Old Gang-Raped, Thrashed In Gurugram, 4 Arrested
- CM Kejriwal Set To Launch Mega Anti-Air Pollution Campaign
- Mission Bengal: A Saffron Experiment
- French Open: Nadal Makes Light Work Of Korda In Gusty Paris