Even as the newly-wed couple Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza are planning to leave for Pakistan, a city court has directed the Banjara Hills Police to register a case against the duo and 12 others for allegedly hurting the sentiments of Muslims.
Based on a private complaint lodged by a city-based Muslim organisation, the III Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate referred the matter to SHO, Banjara Hills Police, for investigation and report on the same before it by May 26.
The complainant, Moullim Mohsin Bin Hussain Al-Kasary, who is founder president of Mazlumeen-e-Ummatay Mohammediya organisation, yesterday approached the court and named the Pakistani cricketer, his wife Indian Tennis star Sania Mirza, Shoaib's divorced wife Ayesha Siddiqui, Sania's father Imran Mirza, former Indian cricketer Mohammed Azharuddin, two Qazis among others for allegedly dishonestly playing with Muslim sentiments.
"Initially Shoaib said he never married Ayesha, but later divorced her. There is no official divorce, but the 14 accused declared that divorce proceedings are over and got the public, particularly Muslims, confused and insulted their religious feelings," Al-Kasary alleged.
Two Qazis, appointed by the government misused official position and got registered divorce (between Shoaib and Ayesha) and also played with the belief of Muslims even as the documents carried two different names of Shoaib's father, he claimed.
The complainant alleged Shoaib Malik and 13 others by way of their false representation played with religious beliefs and maliciously outraged the religious feelings of Muslims as such their acts are illegal and constitute an offence under section 295 (A) (Deliberate and malicious acts, intended to outrage religious feelings or any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs) of IPC.
Case Against Shoaib-Sania for Hurting Muslim Feelings
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus: India's 75 Districts, Including All 7 In Delhi, Locked Down Till March 31
- Millions Of Indians Clap To Thank Those Fighting At Forefront Against Coronavirus
- From Handling Trauma Victims To COVID-19 Patients, Abdul Rehman Has Carried Them All
- Coronavirus Outbreak Live Updates: National Capital Locked Down As Positive Cases Soar To 341 In India
- Coronavirus: India's Partial Lockdown Reeks Of Class, Caste Bias Leaving Socially, Sexually Disadvantaged Groups Vulnerable
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Modi Thanks People For Expressing Gratitude Towards Those Fighting Covid-19
- Coronavirus: Railways Suspends All Passenger Trains From March 22-31
- Coronavirus: Global Death Toll Crosses 13,000 As 1 Billion Confined To Homes
- Coronavirus: Janata Curfew Underway; Streets Empty As People Stay Indoors
- Petrol Bomb Hurled Near Shaheen Bagh Anti-CAA Protest Site
- Italy's Coronavirus Death Toll Rises By 793 In Biggest Single-Day Jump
- 'Bad Stain For NZ Cricket': McCullum Describes His Fallout With Taylor
- Olympics: IOC Asks Member Countries About Coronavirus Impact