A reserved category candidate with negative marks has qualified for the Punjab Civil Service (PCS) Judicial mains examination to be held next month.
Tajinder Singh has qualified for the PCS (Judicial) main examination in the SC LDESM (Scheduled Cast Lineal Descendants of Ex-servicemen) category. He scored minus 10 marks in the PCS (J) preliminary examination held recently.
Singh has got 23 correct answers and a whopping 102 wrong answers in the examination for selection of subordinate judicial officers.
Six candidates have qualified in this category and the highest marks 285 have been scored by Manjinder Kaur.
The examination was recently conducted by the Patiala-based Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC) and the results have been put up on the website of the commission.
A total of 979 candidates in 13 different categories, including General, Scheduled Caste, Backward Classes and Sports, have qualified for the PCS (J) Main examination to be held from January 10, 2012 to fill 110 vacancies.
The "Cut Off" at minus 10 is the lowest in the SC LDESM Category as compared with the highest "cut off" of 315 marks in the General Category in which 471 candidates have been short-listed for 47 posts.
The second lowest "cut off" of 54 marks is in the Sports persons category in which 54 have qualified for the PCS Main examination to fill four vacancies.
Meanwhile, the second highest "cut off" at 265 is in the SC category in which 90 have qualified for nine posts and the third highest "cut off" of 251 is in the BC category where also 90 have been short listed for the PCS Main examination after which nine will finally make it to the services.
No officer of the PPSC, including Secretary Examination Amar Partap Singh Virk, was available for comments.
Candidate With Negative Marks Qualifies for PCS Exam
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Republic TV Among 3 Channels Being Probed For TRP Manipulation: Mumbai Police
- SRH Vs KXIP: Warner, Bairstow Destroy Punjab Bowlers; 154/0 (14)
- UP Police Violated SC Guidelines By Invoking UAPA Against Kerala Journo: Union
- In Naveen’s Crosshairs: Vengeful Odisha Govt Goes After Leading Odia News Channel
- Victorian Ace: Dean Jones Was A True-Bred Australian Who Made Grit His Middle Name
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Development of Ladakh troubles China: Anurag Thakur
- Women's Wing Of TMC Holds Protest Rally Against Hathras Rape
- American Poet Louise Glück Wins Nobel Literature Prize
- French Open: Teen Sensation Swiatek Storms Into Maiden Grand Slam Final
- Violence Erupts Between WB Police & BJP Workers
- Poll Sop: Nitish Kumar’s Standard Operating Procedure
- I Am Still A Student Of Cinema: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Ozil: Decline That Turned Arsenal's Golden Boy Into An Arteta Outcast