In an apparent reference to Mumbai's Adarsh housing society scam, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan today said the case should be disposed of speedily, bringing the guilty to justice.
Without naming the high-profile scam, he said "In the US, a case of insider trading was disposed of within a month. At present a case in Maharashtra has become a topic of daily discussion. There is a judicial commission set up. Those who are found guilty should be punished, closing the case."
The Chief Minister was speaking at a symposium on "Media and Politics" organised by Lokmat Group.
Chavan's comments come in the midst of ongoing depositions of his predecessors - Ashok
Chavan, Sushilkumar Shinde and Vilasrao Deshmukh - before the two-member judicial panel appointed by the State Government to probe the scam.
The scam, which came to light in November 2010 and led to resignation of then Chief Minister Ashok
Chavan, relates to irregularities in the construction of a 31-storeyed building in South Mumbai.
All three former Chief Ministers had dealt with files related to the Adarsh housing society. Ashok Chavan appeared before the panel for a second time today.
The Chief Minister, who attended the launch of a Hindi daily of the Lokmat group, also said financial markets were reacting favourably after the Prime Minister took charge of the finance portfolio.
Bring Guilty to Justice in Adarsh Scam: Prithviraj Chavan
THE LATEST ISSUE
- With 12,651 New Infections, Delhi Logs Lowest Daily Caseload In 4 Weeks
- Citing Covid Situation Cong Again Defers Internal Poll To Elect New Chief
- Clueless Cong Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid-19
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Delhi’s Covaxin Stock Will Run Out In A Day: Satyendar Jain
- Japan, UNDP To Provide Oxygen Plants To Northeast States
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Bach Cancels Japan Trip Because Of COVID Cases
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder