Confessed mass killer Anders Behring Breivik today slammed a psychiatric report that declared him insane as based on "evil fabrications" meant to portray him as irrational and unintelligent.
"It is not me who is described in that report," the right-wing extremist, who admitted killing 77 people in bomb and shooting attacks on July 22, said in court.
A second psychiatric examination found Breivik sane. The five-judge panel trying Breivik on terror charges for the attacks will consider both reports.
Breivik admits to the bombing of Oslo's government district that killed eight people and a subsequent shooting massacre at a Labor Party youth camp that left 69 people dead, most of them teenagers. He claims the attacks were "necessary" and that the victims had betrayed Norway by embracing immigration.
If found guilty, Breivik would face 21 years in prison, though he can be held longer if deemed a danger to society. If declared insane, he would be committed to compulsory psychiatric care.
After listening to testimony describing the horrific injuries of the bombing victims, Breivik showed no remorse, saying if anyone should apologise it was the governing Labor Party.
He said he had hoped they would change policy on immigration after his attacks.
"But instead they continue in the same direction, so the grounds for struggle are unfortunately even more relevant now than before July 22," Breivik said.
Breivik Slams Psychiatric Report Declaring Him Insane
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Poll Sop: Nitish Kumar’s Standard Operating Procedure
- Mike Pence and Kamala Harris Battle It Out At The US Vice Presidential Debate
- In Naveen’s Crosshairs: Vengeful Odisha Govt Goes After Leading Odia News Channel
- 'You Can't Stop Thefts Till Thieves Repent': R. Ashwin On 'Mankading'
- Victorian Ace: Dean Jones Was A True-Bred Australian Who Made Grit His Middle Name
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- China Will Pay A Big Price For Spreading Covid-19 Globally: Trump
- Wishes Pour In From PM Modi, President Kovind
- Batting Let Bowlers Down, Says CSK Skipper Dhoni After Yet Another Defeat
- ‘India’s Coronavirus Fight Is People Driven,’ Says PM Modi
- Former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar Dies By Suicide
- Rhea Chakraborty Walks Out Of Byculla Jail After Bombay HC Grants Her Bail
- Atal Tunnel: Himachal To Beef Up Security
- Clinical Tsitsipas Makes History