Confessed mass killer Anders Behring Breivik today slammed a psychiatric report that declared him insane as based on "evil fabrications" meant to portray him as irrational and unintelligent.
"It is not me who is described in that report," the right-wing extremist, who admitted killing 77 people in bomb and shooting attacks on July 22, said in court.
A second psychiatric examination found Breivik sane. The five-judge panel trying Breivik on terror charges for the attacks will consider both reports.
Breivik admits to the bombing of Oslo's government district that killed eight people and a subsequent shooting massacre at a Labor Party youth camp that left 69 people dead, most of them teenagers. He claims the attacks were "necessary" and that the victims had betrayed Norway by embracing immigration.
If found guilty, Breivik would face 21 years in prison, though he can be held longer if deemed a danger to society. If declared insane, he would be committed to compulsory psychiatric care.
After listening to testimony describing the horrific injuries of the bombing victims, Breivik showed no remorse, saying if anyone should apologise it was the governing Labor Party.
He said he had hoped they would change policy on immigration after his attacks.
"But instead they continue in the same direction, so the grounds for struggle are unfortunately even more relevant now than before July 22," Breivik said.
Breivik Slams Psychiatric Report Declaring Him Insane
THE LATEST ISSUE
- MSD: Three Musketeers Who Engineered Kashmir's Bloodless Coup But Are Their Plans Sustainable?
- Rahul Gandhi, Other Opposition Leaders To Visit Jammu and Kashmir Today
- Spilling The Beans: How Murky Was Cafe Coffee Day Founder VG Siddartha's Death
- Brazil's Bolsonaro Authorizes Army To Help Fight Raging Amazon Fires
- Just Looked To Build A Partnership: Jadeja
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- PM Modi Arrives In UAE To Strenghten Bilateral Ties
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharman Announces Slew Of Measures To Boost Economy Amid Slowdown
- Death By Debt: Indian Businesses Are Devastated, Tax Terror Adds To Woes
- Donald Trump Praises Danish PM He Called 'Nasty' Over Greenland Row
- WATCH: Decoding What Nirmala Sitharaman's Announcements To Boost Economy Mean
- 2 Dead, Several Feared Trapped As Building Collapses In Maharashtra’s Bhiwandi
- Live, 2nd Test, Day 3: SL Aim For Batting Revival Vs NZ, 148/6
- Sindhu Enters Semis At World Championships