Anders Behring Breivik, who killed 77 people last July, today said he wanted to apologise for killing "innocent" people in his Oslo bombing, but offered no similar apology for the Utoeya massacre.
He also insisted that not only his victims and their families had their lives ruined on July 22: "I also lost everything," he lamented to the court.
For the first time since his trial started on April 16, the 33-year-old right-wing extremist voiced a small ounce of regret for his actions.
"I would like to offer a large apology" to those who were injured or killed in the bombing of an Oslo government building as they were just passing by and had no political connections, he said. "They are not defined as legitimate targets."
But when prosecutor Enga Bejer Engh asked if he wanted to say the same to any of the 69 people -- mainly teens -- slaughtered in his shooting massacre on the nearby island of Utoeya after the bombing, Breivik said: "No, I do not."
He reiterated that youngsters attending a summer camp hosted by the ruling Labour Party's youth wing were "legitimate targets", as "political activists" working for the "deconstruction of Norwegian society" through the multiculturalism he insists is leading to a "Muslim invasion" of the country.
Instead, he insisted that "everyone who is linked to the (government) and the Labour Party .
Breivik Offers Apology to His Non-Political Victims
THE LATEST ISSUE
- The Nitty Gritties Of Investigating Hathras Rape
- MI Vs RR: Suryakumar, Bumrah Set Up Massive Win
- No Ifs And Buts, Nitish Kumar Will Remain CM Even If We Win More Seats: BJP
- Covid-19 Virus Can Infect People More Than Six Feet Away: CDC
- In Den Of Match-Fixers, Why BCCI's Fraud Detecting System For IPL Still Has Holes
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Innocent Or Framed? Who’s The Real Rhea Chakraborty?
- Court Awards Life Imprisonment To Four In Alwar Gangrape Case
- Truce Is The Only Option For EPS And OPS
- Atal Tunnel Opens Avenues Of Innovation In Tourism
- French Open: Thiem Stunned In 5-hour Epic As Schwartzman Enters Semis
- Rahul Gandhi Allowed To Enter Haryana
- How Is De-Globalization An Opportunity For India?
- No Need To Panic: Steve Smith