A rich compilation of speeches of B R Ambedkar on a variety of topics like economics, religion, law and Constitution was released here today.
Penned by Member of Planning Commission and National Advisory Council Narendra Jadhav, the book Ambedkar Speaks is a systematic study of all speeches attributed to Ambedkar in three volumes.
It has a compilation of 537 of his speeches, which he had given in Gujarati, Hindi, Marathi and English.
Releasing the book, Vice President Hamid Ansari termed Ambedkar as an astute political leader, a prominent constitutionalist and a transformational social reformer.
"Jadhav's work gives us a single window access to collected speeches of great thinker and activists of our times. His ideas and philosophy can be studied with benefit by all concerned citizens in our quest for justice, liberty, equality and fraternity," he said.
"His life and work is a testament of his tireless fight against the abhorrent practise of untouchability and the unjust caste system on behalf of the oppressed and the poor."
About 500 speeches related to landmark developments in the country and the ups and downs in Ambedkar's eventful public life have been reviewed and analysed.
"Of these 301 speeches (which were even translated in English where necessary) are presented in full, with succinct contextualisation and are divided into seven categories which include autobiographical, social, economics, poltics, law and Constitution and guidance to followers," said Jadhav.
Minister of External Affairs, Salman Khurshid and former Supreme Court judge V S Sirpurkar were also present at the event.
Book on Ambedkar's Speeches Released
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Explained: What Is N440K Covid Variant? Is It More Virulent? Know What CCMB Says
- What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection In Covid Patients; Check Dos And Don’ts Here
- Himanta Biswa Sarma To Take Oath As Assam Chief Minister Today
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Will You Need An E-Pass For Travelling From Noida To Delhi? Know Here
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- Mamata Banerjee Retains Ministerial Core As 43 Take Oath Today
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly