Maoist ideologue Varavara Rao today demanded that Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan, state Home Minister P Sabita Indra Reddy and former Director General of Police be booked on charges of criminal conspiracy in connection with alleged fake encounter killing of Maoist leader Azad and journalist Hemchandra Pandey.
In a representation made in this regard to Joint Director and Head of Hyderabad Zone (CBI), V V Lakshmi Narayana, Rao accused Narasimhan, Reddy and the then DGP and the then Adilabad district Superintendent of Police of trying to prejudice the probe procedure as well as interfering in evidence in the encounter case through their statements (last year) saying the encounter was genuine.
The Supreme Court ordered a CBI probe into the matter after the charge of a false encounter was made by social activist Swami Agnivesh and Pandey's wife Bineeta.
CBI (Hyderabad Zone) had on May 19 registered a criminal case on charges of criminal conspiracy and murder against AP police officials.
According to Andhra Pradesh police, CPI (Maoist) Central Committee member Cherukuri Rajkumar alias Azad and journalist Hemachandra Pandey were killed in an exchange of fire with police at Asifabad in Adilabad district on the intervening night of July 1 and 2, 2010.
"The Governor, who does not need to comment on the case, along with Reddy, indulged in misinformation in an attempt to influence the investigation process, prejudice the investigating officials and tamper with evidence in the encounter matter," Rao alleged and wanted CBI to register their names in the accused list for criminal conspiracy.
Book Andhra Guv for Azad Encounter: Maoist Ideologue
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Explained: What Is N440K Covid Variant? Is It More Virulent? Know What CCMB Says
- What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection In Covid Patients; Check Dos And Don’ts Here
- Himanta Biswa Sarma To Take Oath As Assam Chief Minister Today
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Will You Need An E-Pass For Travelling From Noida To Delhi? Know Here
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- Mamata Banerjee Retains Ministerial Core As 43 Take Oath Today
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly